Sign in to follow this  
TonyB

Should I buy the Marichetti(sp?) SF.260 from RealAir ??

I'm interested in getting another payware airtcaft. I would like one that would be fun for cross country flying as well as a long "around the world" flight later on.I have the DF737, Flight1 Iron Knuckles, the "Clipper", and the Flight1 C421.I don't have the Archer, the DF Cardinal, or the FSD Seneca (or was it a Seminole?).What do all of you think?Thanks to all who respond!Shane

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

RealAir's Siai-Marchetti has the best flight model ever, including within the areobatic enveloppe. It rejuvenated the pleasure of simming for a number here, including myself.

I have all of those planes, and they all are worthy.I suggest getting the SF.260, it is unique among the FS2002 addons in that it simulates real spins, and or real slips. This is the only plane at the present that I know of that will do this. Using this plane one can do real simulated areobatics, and one can slip if need be during a landing. The plane is suited also for touring, I don't know about around the world with it, without modifications, ( I don't recall the amount of fuel it holds off hand).A hearty thumbs up for this payware plane from me. The authors of this plane give excellent support if needed. So far I haven't needed any support, but it is nice to know it is there if need be. :)

I go along with the first two replies...................get it!!!Throw in a passenger seat aux.fuel tank, perhaps some modified tip tanks, & go for the world tour.L.Adamson

Thanks for the comments so far guys!Bump for more experiences/comments!Shane

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

I can't speak for long range flight. Heck, I haven't even looked for the auto pilot. Does it have one? But I can tell you, it is my default aircraft. The best plane I have ever flown in FS.Tony