Sign in to follow this  
Guest sb55mv

Norman, John. (Cockpit SwitchSounds)

Guest sb55mv

Hi Guy's.I don't know if this is supposed to be like this, but, I don't get any sounds from the instruments when I select or click anything, except if I press the LNAV and VNAV or the AP Disconnect bar. should the other switches not make clicking sounds etc when you turn something on/off, or select a different setting.I was asking this as the A330/340/Concorde/Vulcan/Dash8 all do.sorry if I have misunderstood, but I couldn't find any reference to this in the manuals.thanks,

Guest turby

I'm OK with the quietness of the cockpit environment, but I miss the clicking sounds of the old version.I had really enjoyed the panel sounds of former 777 and 747.I hope PSS will put some clicking sound when they release the service pack.Thanks!K. Chang

Guest sb55mv

Hi John,thanks for the reply,what I was referring to is the click sounds made when you select/alter a switch. this is very reassuring for us as an audible confirmation that the action has indeed been accepted/taken place. this is what I meant, I suppose we have been used to having them in every other product, but it does seem strange not to have any sounds when we click on a switch or rotary. plus, as I mentioned to Norman, seeing as you have modelled the APU Door outside, and the APU switches in the overhead, might we have an External APU sound Please, that is another "Realism" part for me, I know we won't hear it from the inside, but we would from outside/spot view.thanks again.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.