Sign in to follow this  
Guest OneTinSoldier

a few Q's prior to purchase

Guest OneTinSoldier

Hi,Someone correct me if I'm wrong... I haven't got to fly the aircraft all that much yet. I finished up a repaint I was working on for a week for this bird, Delta 2002 'Soaring Spirit' N864DA, and then right after that my hard drive went kaput! I'm still in the process of reinstalling stuff.But I think the answer is no, none of the things you are enquiring about are functional/present. 1) No ACARS I'm aware of.2) No, the EFB is just a static image.3) Weight and Balance? PSS is working on a Load Editor at this time, no ETA for it's release.4) Nope, no virtual cabin.Still, from the little bit I have flown it there is no doubt in my mind that the PSS 777 is amazing and definitely delivers bang for the buck. If you purchase just one model and even a few of the liveries(optional) it's less expensive than some other high end aircraft and delivers almost as much functionality. Sorry if you're dissapointed that the answer to your questions is 'no', but I still recommend getting it!Cheers,Jimmy Richards

Guest Knikolaes

Jimmy already answred the questions, but I can toss in that I would definately get her. With the exception of an FMC issue which they already know about (some users report a "freeze" when changing routes) she works bloody beautifully.

Go and buy it, it's worth it - I'm having no major problems, nothing that is stopping me from enjoying the product. I have at least a dozen flights completed--qnh

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Guest C172pilot

well, I'm going to puchase it! after this is posted.. Thankfully the few known bugs will be resolved.. a static EFB, oh well, just the WX radar is facinating! I look foward to flying it from NRT-ORD!!!

Guest spookymufu

I'd wait and see what the patch delivers.....

Guest Andrea

My sincere suggest is to wait for the patch. There should be a reason why PSS deleted my previous reply to your post.Andrea

Guest C172pilot

well, the 777 looks AMAZING, and even more so as it's my favorite aircraft! My q's are:1) is there an ACARS/SAT-Com type system, if so, is it useable at any extent?2) the EFB in the VC, is it useable?3)is there a W&B system in which we can edit the aircraft.cdg or w/e with?4)a Cabin? I dunno, not something I particularly care for, just curious.thanks! look foward to purchasing.

Guest NormanB

>1) is there an ACARS/SAT-Com type system, if so, is it useable>at any extent?ACARS is much better provided by 3rd parties since they will interact with your VA of choice.>2) the EFB in the VC, is it useable?No.>3)is there a W&B system in which we can edit the aircraft.cdg>or w/e with?Currently supplied with a spreadsheet. Loadedit coming soon >4)a Cabin? I dunno, not something I particularly care for,>just curious.No Cabin. Our philosophy is that pilots fly and therefore don't see much of the cabin!

Guest Phoenix_7

Andrea,this is a support forum, not a commentary forumif you have a problem with the product feel free to post your messageif you have a problem with PSS releasing the product then send an email to PSS SupportJohnPSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Guest Knikolaes

Grats on purchasing it, lad. I guarentee you will have fun with this bird. She is wonderful and -- to be frank -- she has not given me a single issue with the exception of the one FMC issue - which is a VERY small issue when compared to other products I have seen.This 777 is actually next in que to feature on my web site :-)http://guildofdarkhaven.org/flyingI love how the gauges are o sharp and easy to read in the VC -- I can even see the F/O's gauges perfectly clear from the Captain's seat. And EVERY switch is operable from the VC. You can fly this bird from cold/dark to shutdown/secure without having to rely on the 2D panel even once. The FMC can even be done entirely from the VC :-) It's great.This is one of those releases where there actually isn't much to patch except the FMC and a few small cosmetic issues people seemed to go on about. But if you are like me and realize this is a PC Flight simulation and not a full motion trainer meant to make you certified on the real jet or something, then you'll be VERY happy with this :-)Have fun.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.