Sign in to follow this  
Guest delafran

777 Woes :-(

Guest delafran

Over the past two weeks, I read many posts of people having trouble with the T7. I was lucky - I haven't any troubles with the product. All flights have been normal to my knowledge :-)Last night, I went and purchased the Air Canada liveries and installed them. After that I went to the http://www.navdata.at/ web site, downloaded the 0511 cycle for PSS and installed it.No other changes have been made to FS2004...All heck broke loose. I loaded the T7 at CYYZ, active runway. Systems are all on and the engines were running, just like before. I noticed something slightly different the navigation display ND, had the test pattern displayed. First clue - this never happened before! Something is different and not right.Then I proceeded to:- set flaps at 15- set MCP flight director to on- set MCP heading to the runway heading- set MCP altitude 5000- arm MCP AT (auto-throttle)- spool the engines to full. Once the airspeed hit 160, I rotated. Positive rate of climb, gear up and then turn on the AP, A/T, press HOLD altitude, HOLD heading.Over the past two weeks, I have done this procedure tonnes to times. (Ya - I know, flying circuits with the T7 is not the most enjoyable thing)This time the auto pilot does not work. It did not respond and hold heading or altitude. Oh ya, the test pattern on the ND is still there.Here is the kicker - if I press the HDG SEL button, the aircraft begins to swing. :-) I really hate to mention this in light of the other swing thread on landing. From this the auto pilot must be partially working or there is something intefearing with its operation.In an attempt to avoid the "make the default flight is ..." or the "make sure the avionics or master is on ...". let me reiterate:The above takeoff and flight procedure was working with out any troubles over the past few weeks - UNTIL I installedA. The 3 Air Canada liveries from PSSB. The 0511 airac update for PSSI know you guys at PSS are very busy, but any help would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for the length post, but maybe providing lots of details will help :-)ThanksMark

Guest delafran

A complete uninstall and reinstall of the T7 didn't change anything.I decided to go back and do the tutorial flight again. When I bring up the SETUP panel and select the "CONNECT PRIMARY EXTERNAL POWER", it doesn't do anything.When I ran the tutorial before, the box changed to a green background and then changed its text to "DISCONNECT PRIMARY EXTERNAL POWER" (If I recall the text correctly).ThanksMark

Guest delafran

Here maybe an addition clue.On setup panel, the fuel page. This is what it looks like when I bring it up:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/133282.jpgPerform a single mouse click on the "ENTER NEW QUANTITY:" The textbox highlights all the numbers.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/133283.jpgNormally, under Windows you can press DEL or backspace and all the information is erased. Nothing happens when I press either ofthese keys. However, if start to enter in 123, this is what happens:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/133284.jpgThe cursor advances, but it doesn't display any of the digits. At this point the backspace key works, but it creates any values:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/133285.jpgPressing the APPLY button does nothing. Normally, it changes the background colour to green. Presumably to indicate that the buttonhas been pressed.ThanksMark

Guest DangermaN

Hi,I've been having the exact same problem. The plane has been in my hanger for a while now because I have been unable to fly the plane anywhere.Before installing the 777, I had a fresh install of Flight Simulator 2004, and I then installed the plane with the latest AIRAC - 0511. I found that to get primary power, you had to have parking brakes on and be parked also - so that could be the reason why your primary, secondary power might not connect.Also, the other problems which you are experiencing, I experience exactly the same. However, one thing that I also experience is that in the CDU, regardless of which model I load (777-300ER or 777-200LR), the CDU will always show 777-300ER. I am not sure as to why this is however. Besides that, all my problems are exactly the same as what you are experiencing. If someone could please help us out, that would be great.Thanks,John

I had the exact same problem as you... but the uninstall did work for me. it is not just unisntalling FS9, you also have to delete all the folders, and run a system registry check to make sure that threre is no trace of FS9 left on the HD. Try that and see what happens. :D

Guest Trans_601

That is exactly the same problem I face everytime I fly the 777, I have not done one proper flight yet due to this. I have uninstalled, re installed and re installed all configs. No luck. Please help PSS!

Guest Phoenix_7

if I remove fsuipc.dll from the modules folder I get the '000' on the fuel pagego to www.schiratti.com/dowsondownload fsuipcinstall only fsuipc.dll into the modules folder of FSJohnPSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Guest delafran

I will confirm this when I get home, but I have a FSUIPC 3.50 installed in my modules folder.When you saw the 000, did you alse have troubles editing the value as I mentioned?ThanksMark

Guest Trans_601

I too will report on how it goes. Will this also fix the autopilot problems we are facing?

Guest KoSmOs

Had the same problem when I istalled the full version of the FSUIPC (unlocked it with my reg. code).

Guest delafran

BINGO !!!I moved all FSUPIC.* files from my modules folder to a backup folder and downloaded the official one from the website mentioned above.It works! I have no clue why. I opened my binary diff tool and compared the DLL that I downloaded to the one that I backed up. No differences. :-(There also wasn't any differences in the INI files either.Having read the other thread, I also did noticed that the cockpit sounds were working either. For example, flaps 0 and full throttle sounds the warning chime. After the FSUPIC download, they are back too.I am tempted to restore the old files and then enable the logging of FSUPIC to see if there are any warnings or error messages.John, is there a setting that I could enable that output some trace or diagnostic logs for you?ThanksMark

Guest OneTinSoldier

Since diff found no difference in the files, perhaps there was some kind of NTFS Filesystem problem when the filesystem referenced it while you were running the sim.Perhaps you should run a chkdsk /F ...?Just a thought,Jim Richards

Guest delafran

That scares me :-)

Guest OneTinSoldier

>That scares me :-):-lolJimmy Richards

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.