Sign in to follow this  
qnh

Wrong transition alt during descent

Hi,I consistently set my transition altitude to 10,000 ft in the FMC. During climb the pressure goes yellow with a box around it at 10,000 ft as it should. On descent the STD wants to transition at 18,000 ft. Is there a way to have the same transition altitude apply to both climb and descent?tia--qnh

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I'm not at my home PC right now but from memory I *think* you need to change it in both the Climb and Descent pages (1/3 and 3/3) of the VNAV section on the FMC. The theory being that transition alts might be different in your departure and arrival areas.See if that works, if not I'm totally off course myself!

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Sounds good - thanksI'll check it out when I get home.--qnh

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Mark is right, it has to be input on both pages. Anticipating the next question - yes, there is a small error on the DES page, the label should actually read TRANS LVL as in Transition Level, which is what you use during descent. The value itself is correctly expressed as a FL, i.e. if you input 8000 it will show FL080.

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.