Sign in to follow this  
Guest Pilot53

A few Little problems

Guest Pilot53

I have just done a flight from DEN to SFO on UA 777. The flight went pretty good, no issues deeming it unflyable. There were a few issues listed below that however, need prompt correction:1. The A/T engage Doesn't work in the VC2. The Ext. Pwr. Switches on the overhead don't animate in the VC3. The HDG select buttons dont work in the VC4. The Alt. cap. is waaaaayy to eager5. The autobrake doesnt disengage when brakes are pushed, and it doesn't disengage when on "disengage" either, which is extreamly inconvient.6. When the except promp should be illuminated it doesn't illuminate in the VC which can be annoying.7. The Spoilers dont deploy when in arm mode.PSS PLEASE READ AND RESPOND, AND SEE I SIGNED MY NAME: MIKE IACOVETTA.

Guest Phoenix_7

>1. The A/T engage Doesn't work in the VC-right click on A/T ARM sets A/T to ON>2. The Ext. Pwr. Switches on the overhead don't animate in the>VC-works ok here, can take a few seconds to connect>3. The HDG select buttons dont work in the VC-works ok here>4. The Alt. cap. is waaaaayy to eager-based on what?>5. The autobrake doesnt disengage when brakes are pushed, and>it doesn't disengage when on "disengage" either, which is>extreamly inconvient.-the product uses the default FS autobrkae, as such it cannot detect when brakes are pressed >6. When the except promp should be illuminated it doesn't>illuminate in the VC which can be annoying.-known problem>7. The Spoilers dont deploy when in arm mode.-not seeing that hereJohnPSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Guest Pilot53

>1. The A/T engage Doesn't work in the VC>-right click on A/T ARM sets A/T to ONThe entire piont of posting that message was to say that right clicking or any clicking to arm the AT doesnt work in the vc.>2. The Ext. Pwr. Switches on the overhead don't animate in the>VC>-works ok here, can take a few seconds to connectThe buttons dont show illumination or depression.>3. The HDG select buttons dont work in the VC>-works ok hereNot on my 777, drove me insane last night had to keep swithing from vc to 2d>4. The Alt. cap. is waaaaayy to eager>-based on what?Based on observation, it is not gracefull like some other addons i'm familiar with, it is very harsh, and if the plane was real we would all be sick.>5. The autobrake doesnt disengage when brakes are pushed, and>it doesn't disengage when on "disengage" either, which is>extreamly inconvient.>-the product uses the default FS autobrkae, as such it cannot detect >when brakes are pressedAs dissapointing as it is that this product doesn't have a coustom auto brake, it still shoud not be working when in disarm mode.>7. The Spoilers dont deploy when in arm mode. Well i've seen this on every flight that i've done so far.

Guest jules17

Were you using RC1? If so, make sure you uninstalled & deleted any leftovers from your FS9 folder prior to installing the final version.The autobrake does disengage when the switch is turned to the "disengage" position, the spoilers deploy, the alt capture is smooth...I'm not experiencing any of your problems...maybe you messed up your installation?

Guest Pilot53

I'm pretty sure I deleted all leftovers but I'm just gonna try again.

Guest Pilot53

I just attempted to fly back to denver and Closed the flight in disgust, I re-installed making sure I deleted all the rc1 remanants, and encountered the following problems during preflight, i didnt get beyond preflight because I did not want to further upset myself, if these issues are not acnoledged and fixed, I will not hesitate to cancel the charge on my credit card and wait for another company to develop a 777.1. The VC Lights dont work2. The Logo lights dont turn off when you hit the off switch3. The Cabin doesnt have lights4. The EEC doenst light up on the overhead, vc or 2d,5. The VC ext. pwr. buttons still dont animate.

Guest jules17

1. will test it myself2. true3. true4. will test5. will test

Guest Phoenix_7

>1. The VC Lights dont work-work fine here, it is a double switch on the overhead for panel and floods, are you using the proper startup flight as mentioned in the sticky post?>2. The Logo lights dont turn off when you hit the off switch-known problem>3. The Cabin doesnt have lights-no the cabin is not modelled>4. The EEC doenst light up on the overhead, vc or 2d,-same as #1>5. The VC ext. pwr. buttons still dont animate.-work ok hereJohnPSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Guest jules17

John is right (lol)1. The VC lights do work, I switch them on either by pressing shift+l or by using that switch3. The cabin is lit from spot plane view when it's dark...the cabin itself, of course, doesn't exist5. VC ext. pwr. buttons do work

Guest Pilot53

Well thank you all for your help so far but, I'm still having the same problems, the vc ext. pwr. buttons dont move (they do their job but dont animate, not a huge issue), the cabin doesn't light up at night (and yes I'm talking about the external view, I am using the UA 777-200LR livery that I PURCHASED so I hope this problem is rectified or I will cancel that charge as well), and the vc lights work sometimes and other times they dont, I am aware of the two different switches but still no luck. Also the EEC still doesnt light up (green) when the corresponding switch is pushed, the amber warning light does work however. And I think I forgot, THERE ARE NO LIGHTS AT ALL (by this I mean the taxi, LDG., Beacon, etc. I can assure you that I am following the correct startup procedure as I have been from day 1, and NO remenants of RC1 exist, so please dont bother suggesting that.

Hello Mike,Try this for me.1) Load up FS2) Go Aircraft > Select Aircraft > Choose i) aircraft manufacturer: Cessna ii) aircraft model: C172SP Skyhawk iii) variation: red with black and yellow3) Press Ok4) Ensure that both red switches are in the ON position in the bottom left (the ALT and BAT switches)5) Load up whichever 777 you want via the aircraft menu.6) Turn the battery on7) Connect External Power8) Turn on ext power switch9) Attempt to turn on VC lighting/external lights.I am able to recreate the problems you list by doing the above to fix it or the opposite to break it!Let me know if this works.If not I have a long shot of an idea...http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c390/BTr.../phxbanner2.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.