Sign in to follow this  
Guest t288msd

VNAV problem on climb after re-extending flaps1

Guest t288msd

I experienced a problem with VNAV on climb after fully retracting the flaps (from flaps 20 at takeff to flaps 0, clean) and having to re-engage Flaps1 due to a speed restriction imposed by ATC. When I re-engaged flaps 1 after having to reduce speed to preceeding traffic, the VNAV seemed to forget it was in climb mode. It leveled out but kept climb thrust, and accelerated, and accelerated until overspeed. Nothing I could do would get VNAV to climb the acft. I end upusing FLCH for the cimb but VNAV was never the same for the entire flight. It appeared to think I was in descent mode the whole time (does extending the flaps trigger something?)This was after a startup and departure as per the tutorial. I'd like to hear if anyone else experienced this.kind regardsmatt

this is exactly the same problem i am having,there is definately something wrong with the VNAV, this is my second or third time this has happened,i had to disengage AP then reengage AP or use FLCH then back to VNAV so it will work and that too it works finicky.

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.