Sign in to follow this  
Guest lhcc-ch

Autoland and ILS sytem in all of the 3 B777 s

Guest lhcc-ch

Hello!I ve experienced some very very disappointing things in my brand new 777 acft.I 've lots of hours and several hundred landings in FS as offline and as online. So i think I can land an aircraft in FS :)So my problem is with the autopilot system.When i m intercepting an ILS (no matter if that is long or short final approach, it is same for 8 nm and 25 nm) I m engaging the APP mode as directed in the manual (as always in my first flights)The plane is intercepting and estabilishing on ILS in order. I check configuration and systems (Flaps, Gears etc... ) But when I m arriving to the G/S alignment point the acft start a very nice dive. I know some real world pilots (some of them on 777) so i can imagine what should be done in real by this acft.After alignment so it is entering a dive at around 1500 fpm... i think it is too big for an ils, but not dangerous. The Autothrottle cannot maintain a speed, because the pitch is lifting, so the throttle is moving from idle to full thr... And the acft is making big, and fast banks (even in 60ft, wings into the runway)And the worst in this, the acft is flying as an Extra 300S.I dont know what to do, my joystick is set up correctly, because i can fly all of my planes very good, With AP and by hand too.But I cannot fly my new 777. Not with AP, not with my hands.It is very sad, because this is a beautiful acft, I like it very much, but if I cant land with it i cant do anything.Thanks in forward for your help.RegardsAndras NyesteIVAO LHCC-CHFC/C3

Guest spookymufu

I have the same issue and from what I was told from a fellow simmer is the 777 cannot land on AP unless the runway has a CATIII, anything other then CATIII has to be hand flown......at least with the PSS777

Guest MD11_FLYER

That is correct, just because your aircraft is capable of CAT III landings doesnt mean you are able to perform a CatIII on every runway.Not all runways at international airports are Cat III, but they are at least a Cat II, in some cases they have no ILS or instrument approach available.CatIII allows for lower minimums, which allows for full autoland, meaning the pilots are monitoring aircraft systems for any failures or full scale deflection on LOC or G/S (missed approach must be initiated).The pilots really dont look up until the wheels are on the ground.CatII usually doesnt allow for autoland and generally the minimums can go as low as 200-250ft only because of accuracy and precision of approach. So if you are trying to get a Cat III to work on a Cat II runway that would explain why you are getting nose dives and your aircraft doesnt flare on landing.Dan

Guest aarskringspier

FS doesnt know the difference between a CATII or CATIII runway. I can autoland on anything with a glide slope.

Guest MD11_FLYER

Well its more like slamming onto the runway, Ive tried doing Cat III on several Cat II runways and it gets it down but it slams hard onto the runway and in most cases hits nose wheel first.

Guest matsuman

No problem here CATII or III.Did an autoland flying 777LR on EGLL........perfect.Did an autoland flying 773ER on RJAA and LIRF....perfect.Did a manual landing on 773ER at JFK......very smooth.Clean install of FS9 with few aircraft on board (PMDG744,LVLD767,Ariane737,LegendaryC130, Alphasim C5 and Seahawk helo), no other add-ons exept FSUIPC and Active Camera.I had number of problems on aircraft handling on some of my payware. I went ahead and re-install FS9 clean, load all my planes and no problem since then.System: P4 3.5ghz 64bit 6800GT Nvidia AETI Yoke/Throttle, CH Rudder and GoFlight hardware 2.0ghz memory 21 inch flat monitor (1600x1400) Thanks,Kin M.(KLAX)

Guest SIX

The ILS problem I have had is a bit less of a problem, but still annoying. When slightly behind the top of the ILS and with ILS annuctiated, it will sometimes take a turn far right, for some reason. I have to turn ILS off until I get fully into the capture and then anct again.Wilson Hineshttp://www.redeyeexpress.nethttp://www.united-virtual.com --------------------------------------http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpghttp://online.vatsimindicators.net/837438/3074.png

>Well its more like slamming onto the runway, Ive tried doing>Cat III on several Cat II runways and it gets it down but it>slams hard onto the runway and in most cases hits nose wheel>first.Utter rubbish!As Randy just said there is no difference if FS (or real life for that matter) between a CAT II or CAT III signal. Period.

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Guest spookymufu

for those of you interesting in testing something for me, do a full AP landing at KSEA runway 16L, full AP, tell me if all goes well for you or if you need to dissarm the AP to complete the landing....oh, BTW use Fly Tampas KSEA...

Guest MD11_FLYER

In the real world, there only difference between II and III is training, aircraft equipment and runway lighting. CatIII has lower minimums and requires 2 crew minimum, while a CatII can be flown by a single pilot. On Flight sim, the 777 wont flare correctly on CatII approaches. Company SOPs forbid CATIII ops for CatII runways regardless of equipment, training and certification. Especially in IMC conditions. Of course rules change from country to country and airline to airline.

Guest spookymufu

>I just tried default scenery for KSEA 16L and had no>problems, I don't have Fly Tampas KSEA>>John>PSS SUPPORTJohn, you did it with total AP/APP?no hands on at all??mine dives right into the ground if I let the AP land it.

Guest oliver mcrae

As it has been stated before real world aside Microsoft Flight Simulator does not know the difference between the different clases of ILS signals. I have done a full autoland with the PSS A340 and A320 on a CAT I runway and it did it flawlessly. Microsoft Flight simulator does not differenciate. I am having the same problems with the 777 on APP i think due to the plane being so responsive it is hard for the autopilot track the Glideslope and Localised especially as you get closer to the runway and the GS and LOC indicators become more sensitive the 777 tries to correct but then overcorrects then has to correct again and keep correcting itself constantly.Oliver

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.