Sign in to follow this  
Guest lhcc-ch

Autoland and ILS sytem in all of the 3 B777 s

Guest oliver mcrae

It is a simple .gif animation i can make one for you i had a much more high quality one but i accidentally deleted it so i am stuck with this.I can make you one if you would like. You just need to tell me what you would want.Oliver

Hi Wilson,You can animate banners by using gifs.There are many different options to animate gifs!pilotinfo.gif

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

Guest lhcc-ch

So, Are the PSS planning a fix for correcting that aerobatics like final approach?

Guest MD11_FLYER

what aerobatics, the whole ILS thing works fine, Ive checked it on my laptop and another desktop computer and all works fine. Im thinking people are just not reading the manuals and the problem lies with the program and not the pilot.

Guest lhcc-ch

HmmAs i told before I ve read the manual, completed the tutorial (without landing) and I m always using checklist... i ve solved my problem... at realism i ve set the General to half, (like flying on helo) and it got more fine...I m still having problems, but after a short editing on acft.cfg, i think it could be solved

Guest Knikolaes

>the landing....oh, BTW use Fly Tampas KSEA...You just answered it :-)Actually . . . if you folks will read all posts regarding this issue there is one pattern that effects the stability of the T7 on approach -- framerates.If I try to AL at any Simflyers or FlyTampa airports she REALLY has stability issues. She also has issues at any default airport with lots of AI (if PAI published it, it's installed on my machine, so LOTS of birds in the sky). My imaginesim KDEN is not as bad, but still has issues.Now try this at any default airport with default scenery and no AI and it does perfect. I tested this by doing KDEN with no AI and shutting off MegaCity Denver and Imaginesim KDEN (I did leave my Ultimate Terrain USA on though) and it made the same landing beautifully.ANy of you should be able to try the same.Also bear in mind I have what mist consider a mid-range system -- which is not the best but it does decent for me. Lower end systems thatget frames no matter what may ncounter the issue no matter what. In thatcase, some tweaking may need to be doen to get your landings to work.Or . . . . you can do it the BETTER way and hand land her -- most airlines will not even allow Autoland unless it is absolute CATIII conditions and there is no other choice. Southwest's 737's, for example, have the autobrake DEactivated so the pilots cannot use it and they will not allow full autolands. The pilots have to actually do their jobs.I have to agree with this. We keep relying more and more on autoflight systems for such critical phases of flight and we'll be "systems administrators" - not pilots. May as well be flying a scarebus in that case.<<<<>>>> -- Afterreading other responses I will also add I have realism set all to max. Too sensative maybe there as well? Maybe I'll dink with that as Ihav tomorrow off work (have to work today though), but I am still convinced it is all frame related and maybe realism is just adding to the issue.

Guest Knikolaes

>the problem lies with the program and not the pilot.Erm . . don't you mean the pilot and not the program? **smiles**

Guest spookymufu

Knikolaes,not really sure what you mean by using flytampas KSEA is the problem, I get 20fps locked at 20 there, the plane flys the slope fine (once it actually captures it) until about 200-400ft off the runway then she nose dives......nothing to do with fps.....

Guest Knikolaes

>Knikolaes,>not really sure what you mean by using flytampas KSEA is the>problem, I get 20fps locked at 20 there, the plane flys the>slope fine (once it actually captures it) until about>200-400ft off the runway then she nose dives......nothing to>do with fps.....Actually folks found the real problem. i compiled noted and testd a theory. Try this post:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...g_id=7110&page=Not my fix. Someone else's but I forgot who. i just reposted the suggestion in it's own thread for folks to find.

Guest aarskringspier

Hmm I can do a full Autoland at FlyTampa KSEA no matter what the realism settings are at with no ocilations. Weird stuff.

Guest MD11_FLYER

cross check :)

Guest Knikolaes

>Hmm I can do a full Autoland at FlyTampa KSEA no matter what>the realism settings are at with no ocilations. Weird stuff.Awesome. Not sure as it may be system related then **shrugs** But I noticed the fix worked for me and others as well . . . so I guess it is a matter of "If you are having the issue - then try the fix. If not . . cool beans" :-)

Guest aarskringspier

>>Hmm I can do a full Autoland at FlyTampa KSEA no matter>what>>the realism settings are at with no ocilations. Weird>stuff.>>Awesome. Not sure as it may be system related then **shrugs**> But I noticed the fix worked for me and others as well . . .>so I guess it is a matter of "If you are having the issue ->then try the fix. If not . . cool beans" :-)I gave up along time ago trying to figure out what FS is doing; sounds like youve found something that works and that is a good thing!

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.