Sign in to follow this  
Guest Phoenix_7

Ground Stearing w/ AP

Guest aarskringspier

The aircraft should track the centerline of the runway however in rollout with the ap engaged; not shoot over to the right.

Guest spookymufu

PMDGs 744 does it, it holds the centerline like it's on rails durring roll out with APP engaged.

Guest Phoenix_7

my info is it is not possible to follow the ILS once on the ground in FS, perhaps they(pmdg) are just following the current heading?JohnPSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Guest spookymufu

I dunno how they did it but with APP engaged the PMDG 744 will land and hold the centerline and not let go no matter what you do until you disengage the AP.....it's like a rock holding the line

Guest trevor51590

It deffinately does not follow a heading because during a crosswind landing, the airplane tracks back to the centerline instead of following straight ahead to where it lands. It looks like you have been misinformend...

LDS will follow the runway centre line with AP engaged just as the real AC does.

Guest matsuman

PSS,I don't know if this has been mentioned before, there are so many post messages here in this forum and it's hard to track these things out.I don't want anybody to response and bite my head off.On autoland during roll out, the ground stearing is disable when the AP is engage. I have to disengage the AP in order to get the plane right on the center line using my rudder pedal.Can you pls.look into the ground stearing on landing and add to your patch listing.Control Hardware: AETI Yoke/Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, GoFlight Gear handle/flaps, Checklist and MCP Thanks,Kin M.(KLAX)

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.