Sign in to follow this  
Gryphon

Fell out of the sky!

OK it's finally completed and down at EGKKNotes - Saving the flight resulted in the known FMC problems. Reloading the flight also left the AP functions non working and MSFS had to be restarted three times on the last attempt.Reloaded flight normal panel use of the additional panel buttons meant all the additional panels, FMC etc came up behind the main panel instead of in front of it - and yes my default flight is the MSFS standard. VC panel fine.Nosewheel steering off centre on landing. Is OK on departure but way off on landing. Watching the nosewheel and the tiller shows a move to left or right - it's random. Plane will not go in a straight line. Full autoland works perfectly, and the reversers kicked in without having to disconnect the AP or AT. Weather changes set to mild and fuel heavily overloaded but dumped before landing. Had 5,000lbs on touchdown.More specifics if you want them. Just tell me who to send them to.

Guest NormanB

Gryphon (a name would be lovely!),If you could send them to me using the pm feature of this forum I will make sure they get to the development team.

Hello Norman and Richard (the original poster Gryphon):I had started that flight yesterday I mentioned to you Norman, from Montreal to Hong Kong (CYUL - VHHH) on the 772LR. I used accelerated simulation with weather settings slightly edited in FSUIPC to increase the time between wind shifts. My CG as calculated by the load editor was 22%. I entered this in the TAKE-OFF page and did not touch the CRZ CG which was showing 30%.About 3800NM from destination - i.e. well after take-off, flying over Alaska or even past Alaska over the Northern Pacific (Bering Strait or thereabouts) I noticed my airplane was bleeding speed and slowing down - not keeping the set VNAV cruise speed of M 0.823 and tried to recover. I could not get the MAXIMUM thrust to even reach the maximum showing in the THRUST LIMIT which was 104% - I had changed thrust to GA in the FMC THRUST LIM paged to attempt to quickly recover speed as the plane was approaching stall. The maximum thrust would not under any conditions, even full manual, go beyond 100% ! I disengaged autopilot, flight director - everything in the MCP was off; my throttle was at maximum on my CH flight yoke and thrust simply would not go beyond 100%. The plane gained speed up to a point (around mach 0.650, very slow indeed) and would not go much beyond that.My initial cruise altitude was 33,000 feet but I managed MANUALLY the step climb myself, by looking at the optimum cruise altitude in the CRZ page of the FMC/CDU. I believe I was at 35,000 feet with optimum slight above that and maximum around 37 or 38,000 feet when this occurred. I have not any screenshots or more details, sorry, for I was too busy trying to recover. I have re-read the manuals but I can't figure out what went wrong. I am using Active Sky 6 and there were winds but FSUIPC was adjusted to have slight delays (perhaps not enough?) in wind shifting - here is screen shot of my re-attempt I will try right now - aircraft is parked at Trudeau airport in Montreal, APU on (see attached file).I have read about adjusting CG% (for take-off I presume) for the 300 but I don't know what to use for the -200LR. Johnhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/139329.jpg

Richard,Just noted in the middle of this the issue with the additional buttons. If this happens just go into SHIFT + 8 Setup, Misc and untick and tick the panel switcher. When you go out again the switcher will be back.

Mervyn Edwards

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.