Sign in to follow this  
Triple7

Capturing localizer not happening.

Guest johnlaroux

Thanks ChristopherI changed my realism setting to medium and I can now capture all ILS signals. John

Guest spookymufu

so this is a bug that needs to be fixed in the patch?

Guest Knikolaes

>so this is a bug that needs to be fixed in the patch?**shrugs** Not sure. At least cranking that setting down made LOC capture a LOT easier. I still wish I could bloody remember what post I read it in, because the chap that suggested that to me -- HE needs to be the on thanked. All I did was repost the info after testing it :-)

Guest sixstring2k

>I dont see the problem with not being able to capture the>localizer on the list of known problems.>>Am I the only one with this problem? >>I would think that I should be able to capture the localizer>at any airport with an ILS system. >>I know you hate hearing this but I can capture the localizer>with all my planes but the PSS 777.>>Anyway hate to be a whiner (and yes Ill take some cheese with>my wine he he).>> Johnhey i thought it was just me, but i do have the same problem.Where do you input the ils freq manually?

Guest alexviski

Hi Triple7,I have same problem as John.Checked RAD/NAV, OK.Checked mini dots, OK.ButNo ILS ident on PFDNO G/S magenta flags on PFDTried reducing Realistic/General ruler below 50% with no result.I experience also a pitch balance at low speeds, with quite high amplitude (about 15 deg).Alex

Guest malaeddi

Hey guys, First time writer, long time reader.It sucks being the only other one with this problem, but after reading all five manuals, completing a tutorial and attempting three different flights in the 777, no matter what I do:(which inludes ensuring propper EFIS switch selection, tuning propper ILS frequency manually in the FMC {because it doesnt switch automatically for some reason}, verifing the white LOC and G/S Flags under the HDG and ALT Flags) :the plane just will not capture an ILS frequency. My larger problem which is surely connected though is that even when tuned to any VOR (highlighted in green on the ND), Neither VOR1 nor VOR2 display DME information. Only: DME -----.Again, please belive me when I say that all switches are in their propper orientation and/or configuration. No DME info at all, no ILS capture resulting in No Autoland :( :( :( . Please Help.

Guest alexviski

My triple 7 has exactly the same "symptoms".Great plane, but without landing is nothing.Alex, IVAO-FC

Guest malaeddi

Ok Alex and everyone else who took the time to read my previous concern, I finally figured it out. I literally had to go down the list of solutions that everyone has provided and the only one that worked was making sure that my DEFAULT FLIGHT IS SET TO BEGIN WITH MASTER AVIONICS ON. Battery and everything else can be off, but using a program like FS Gatekeeper can cause the problem that i was experiencing. Thanks.

Guest sixstring2k

>>I dont see the problem with not being able to capture the>>localizer on the list of known problems.>>>>Am I the only one with this problem? >>>>I would think that I should be able to capture the localizer>>at any airport with an ILS system. >>>>I know you hate hearing this but I can capture the localizer>>with all my planes but the PSS 777.>>>>Anyway hate to be a whiner (and yes Ill take some cheese>with>>my wine he he).>>>> John>hey i thought it was just me, but i do have the same problem.>Where do you input the ils freq manually?just to add. I flew my T7 today and i try lowering my settings as it was stated before and no help and i also notice that the when you hit dep/arr page on the cdu and select the landing runway, then go to the apprch page it still shows the airport i took off from and it will not reset to the landing airport! no matthre how many times I choose the runway

Guest johnlaroux

Oh yes, you can only use the FMC one time. IF you complete a flight the FMC will no longer work. You need to select a default plane and then reselect the 777. Thats another problem that just you and I have. Everyone else that owns the 777 doesnt have a problem with that. John

Guest alexviski

Sixstring,quite same CDU problem I have, just that pressing 5L Index takes me to the main dep/arr page.Alex

Guest johnlaroux

Yes I noticed that the FMC gets all flakey and dosent respond to key presses very well, as if the logic for the FMC is messed up. John

Guest DarylC

Guys I have a similar problem.Coming into YBCS on a STAR all goes extremely well till the last.For some reason the last 3 waypoints dissapear from the FMC and it heads for the OM, not a huge problem as I was already configured to land well out.Press LOC and the compass swings around and aligns no problem.FMC reports ILS 15 on 109.90 is active with a course of 149.This is all correct then it starts a 90 turn to the right ( bad move mountains in there ) so I pull it around to the left ( only ocean out there ) and come around again.This time perfect, LOC, ILS Autoland , pretty as a picture.Nothing change on the FMC at all.This happens about 50% of the time only.Same PC and ASV Enhanced running.ATC clears me for ILS 15 approach.ATIS ILS 15And the wind is just gentle 5 - 6 knotsRegardsDaryl

Guest rangrod

I have reserved my comments until now. I just flew a flight from KBOS to KATL and could not get the plane to fix on the localizer for the final landing. I have been reading all that others had to say about what to do about the problem. I have tried everything they suggested and to no avail. It is a shame to pay so much money for a product that has so many flaws. If this were a car, I would be seeking lemon protection from the maker. Shame on you PSS, I had high hopes for a better product. In 2000, your flight deck for the 777 & the 747 rocked. They were the best, the top of the line. The current edition is well ****. Unless PSS does something to get this bird where it will fly right. Just say that you have lost a faithful flyer.Rangrod

Guest spookymufu

I have been able to capture the localizer much sooner then before and have been pretty happy with the landings but I have had both FMC issues as mentioned above, the keys dont respond sometimes and the arrival airport doesnt show in the DEP/ARR screen.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.