Sign in to follow this  
Guest Phoenix_7

? about the KBFI to KLAX PSS flight tutorial route

Is there a suggested site for routes outside the US which will show the airways?Thanks

Guest matsuman

J1 airways takes you to AVE (Avenal vor 117.1)After AVE enter DERBB, REYES and FIM (Fillmore vor 112.5)From FIM take Moorpark 3 arrival to LAX. That's...FIM, SYMON, SADDE, direct to SMO (Santa Monica vor 110.8), depart SMO heading of 070 and intercept localizer 24 or 25 rwy.I use this arrival to KLAX coming from the North.Thanks,Kin M.(KLAX)

Guest Midnight LS1

>try www.simroutes.com it gives you plans based on origin and>dest entries and includes airways>>John>PSS SUPPORT>support@phoenix-simulation.co.uk>>http://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpgThanks! I will use that.

Guest Midnight LS1

>>>J1 airways takes you to AVE (Avenal vor 117.1)>After AVE enter DERBB, REYES and FIM (Fillmore vor 112.5)>From FIM take Moorpark 3 arrival to LAX. That's...FIM, SYMON,>SADDE, direct to SMO (Santa Monica vor 110.8), depart SMO>heading of 070 and intercept localizer 24 or 25 rwy.>I use this arrival to KLAX coming from the North.>>>Thanks,>Kin M.>(KLAX)> Interesting.I'm suprised the legs page was automatically filled by just enteringSEA, J1 and AVE.On all other routes, I have to manually enter waypoints in the legs page like from KJFK to TNCA, I enter these:Depature airport: KJFKSHIPPLINNDBETNYKUPECUA554CDOEBLIPMAREVBEROXMOLOCDUSANABAArrival airport: TNCA

Guest Midnight LS1

Here's something I just discovered!go to http://rfinder.asalink.net/free/and enter TNCM as the departure airport, and enter TNCA as the arrival airport. I found one of the waypoints has my full last name!ID: BOSCOTrack: 290Distance: 40Coords:N14

>That's what I used trying to find J1 and AVE, it's not listed>in there.Routefinder takes you a different route KBFI DCT SEA J5 EHF KIMMO2 KLAXI have taken up registered status there as it has export functions for several payware aircraft. For the T7 you can export as a FS200x pln (and FSNav).

Guest Midnight LS1

In page 24 of the PSS KBFI to KLAX PSS flight tutorial, where it says:The planned route is:KBFI,,SEA,,J1,,AVE,,SADDE6, KLAXI do know SEA is a Seattle Airportand that SADDE6 is a STAR for KLAXBut where did J1 and AVE come from and how would I be able to make a route for anywhere else in the same manner PSS used for the KBFI to KLAX route?I'm thinking J1 is a high altitude airway but I can't find reference to it so I can plan my own flight.RouteFinder for FS9 didn't have J1 or AVE listed in it when I entered KBFI departure and KLAX arrival.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.