Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

777's bending wings???

I've been flying this aircraft allot and comparing the visual model to screenshots and videos I have of the 777. The wings don't bend upward in flight near as far as the real bird does. At this point the PSS 777 looks like a 767 in flight. One of the most distinctive aspects of the 777 is how it looks in flight thanks to the graceful bending of the wings. This holds true for the 747-400 as well. If it weren't for the wings the 777 would look no different from the 757/767 from a distance in flight. All in all the 777 has a very graceful look that set's it apart from other twin jets of its size... Is it possible to adjust the wing bending in the upcoming update? Thanks for the great aircraft PSS, hopefully we see another great A320 series in the future... ;-)

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

FS2020 

yes a nice, but rather obvious bit of photoshop work!

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

John try doing a direct comparison to the shots I have above. The PSS 777 wings indeed bend but more on the level of a 767 versus a 777. I can't describe it but there's a larger ark in the wings in flight on the real bird versus what I see with the PSS version. I wish I had the Meljet version because he did a great job I believe on his first model which I did have. I haven't downloaded any of his later versions...

FS2020 

Guest Redduke 1

This is an interesting photo of a very rare event in today's world. Thephotographer was very lucky to catch this because the fire in the engineinlet resides there for only about a 1/20th of a second for each surgecycle. This is more than an engine fire as the title implies. This istypical of a low pressure compressor surge (backfire) where there are 1 to 3successive "cannon shots" of fire balls spaced about 3/4 a second apart.This means the engine is operating in excess of 160,000 Horsepower and1/40th of a second later all the Mach .70+ airflow reverses direction frominside the engine. It projects a fireball from the power generating corecombustor of the engine out the front of the engine (surge phase). Thatfire ball is driven back into the engine (the point of this photo at about1/3 of a second into the event cycle) by the forward speed of the aircraftand the residual inertia of the rotating fan. The airflow tries tore-establish normal direction in the engine at this point due to therotating inertia of the engine rotors (recovery phase). Pratt & Rolls (thisis a Rolls) engines may recover and operate at a reduced power level at thispoint. But... If the engine has been damaged too much (e.g. brokenblades & parts particularly light built GE engines), the airflow will notresume a normal path and the engine disintegrates. If the engine is onlypartially damaged, it will give you 1 or 2 more cannon shots 3/4 secondsapart before the engine completely disintegrates. Either path the enginetakes, that is the almost complete loss of a $12M engine and a guaranteedsweeping job for the runway. The occupants seated next to the failed enginewill be temporarily deaf in one ear and all the other cabin occupants willcomplain of ringing ears. The pilot will think the controls have "whipsawed" him as the forces of the airplane are redistributed and then heforces them backto where they should be. Looking from behind or in front of the airplane,it will appear to "swerve" to the airplane's left, dip the nose down andthen slowly lumber into the air at a shallow angle on the remaining engine.With all of the messed up airflow paths, the ECS system will receive a bigslug of raw fuel, partially burnt fuel & parts from the bleed system. Thecabin will fill with a haze from the contaminated hot bleed air. Typicalcauses of this event are ingestion of a very large bird or object, thrownfan blade, bad engine control commands from thecomputer, a poorly maintained engine or an engine that has simply worn out.Moral...avoid window seats!!Redduke

Guest Midnight LS1

>Dude....look at the photo. It is a fake.>>>Wilson Hines>http://www.redeyeexpress.net>http://www.united-virtual.com >-------------------------------------->http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg>http://online.vatsimindicators.net/837438/3074.png100% sure it's fake. There's an exact same picture untouched on airliners.netBesides not smart editing, the engine anti-ice nacelle is black in the photoshopped pic.

Notwithstanding the fact that this photo is a fake, I take it your scenario has occurred sometime? It's too detailed to be speculation I'd have said. When and where did this incident occur?Cheers

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest glide

the easy way to tell that the pic is fake is by looking at the engine pos reflection on the fuzalage which shows no fire at allkav

Guest BryUK

That picture is a fake, but there's a similar genuine one on airliners.net somwhere. I've seen a video or two as well. It happens for barely a fraction of a second.

Guest Midnight LS1

Doesn't the engine that was photoshopped looks like it's from a 767 and skewed out of place?

What was described in elegant detail was a jet engine stall/surge. They are real life events which happen ... occasionally.The picture is a very good representation of what it looks like from the outside although it is most likely a fake.I'm sure there are some lucky photographers who have managed to capture that split second when it happens though.Hope this helps,Ian

Guest Midnight LS1

>What was described in elegant detail was a jet engine>stall/surge. They are real life events which happen ...>occasionally.>>The picture is a very good representation of what it looks>like from the outside although it is most likely a fake.>>I'm sure there are some lucky photographers who have managed>to capture that split second when it happens though.>>Hope this helps,>>Ian>Here's an video of a compressor stall on a A330.http://www.avpics.de/mov/civ/swiss330.mpg

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.