Sign in to follow this  
Guest lflinares

WSSS - KJFK on the LR

Guest lflinares

- Great flight from WSS to KJFK! It lasted 18:35- I took off from runway 2R with 100% fuel and the default PSS load- JFK fuel predict at take off was around 27.0 and landed with 54.0 left- There was some random VNAV glitches, especially when it came to Step climb. I steped from FL290 to FL330 with no problems. When it came time to go to FL370, VNAV did not respond, so I pressed FLCH and turned VNAV back on when I reached FL370. There was no T/D, so I descended manually for a nice landing on runway 22L.Great plane. I think I will test its legs from London to Sydney next time.Cheers PSS!Luis KMIA

Guest Midnight LS1

I am going to try KJFK to YSSY !

Guest NormanB

Thats not a route :)Some friends left Perth for Barbados where I and another took over the baton back to Perth, across (or as close as FS will let) the poles.With 35 passengers and a whole lot of fuel Im currently in Shanghai.

Guest Midnight LS1

Currently in the air from VHHH to EGLL.Plane load is just crew and crew cabin, no cargo or pax.100% fuel at start of takeoff roll.Takeoff started at 10:30pm Hong Kong time.Autopilot been on and I left the autopilot to fly the plane at 1am while I went to sleep. Woke up and checked, still dark out in FS9!Routes are:VHHH to N35*00'00" E180*00'00" to KLAX to KJFK to EGLL.FMC said insufficent fuel, that has been ignored :)Right now it's about 433 NM away from KLAX and 82.4 fuel in each wing tanks, center tank is depleted already.

Guest lflinares

Flawless 19hr 5 min fight from London to Sydney! VNAV behaved perfectly. I departed Heathrow at midnight local time and landed in Sydney just after 0500 local time. That means I saw two sunrises in one flight! I even think the handful TCAS ghosts enjoyed the ride. I used a high-altitude airway plan from the default FS2004 Flight Planning function. I used the defualt PSS pax and cargo load. My fuel prediction at take off was 0.0 with 99% fuel, which slowly corrected itself as the flight progressed. By touchdown, fuel remaining was 42.6 or 12%. I used FL280, FL320, FL360, and FL400. Great aircraft! Fantastic job PSS!LuisKMIA

Guest Midnight LS1

Right now I'm 385 miles from EGLL with 22.5 fuel remaining in each wing tanks.The coast of England is now seen!

I did the VHHH-EGLL the long way like the record flight. That was quite a flight. 21hrs. No way I sat there though I cheated with sleep and doing yard work and whole lot of other stuff. It was nice to see it could make it with plenty of fuel. I had 45.6 left on landing. Maybe next time I will do it to Paris or Frankfurt.

Because we are talking loooong haul and I saw one of the PSS guys mention the poles, I thought I would ask if anyone has done KEWR-VHHH yet? In r/l it is ~ 17 hours and Continental uses the 777. That route in real life goes right over the pole and I am wondering if FS can even handle it. For some reason, the route that FSBUILD creates for me is 17,000 miles... I guess they are really taking the long way around...Any thoughts?-PaulAlso, does anyone know of a good scenery add-on for YSSY? I hate flying into FS default airports I am so spoiled by all of these great sceneries we have out there :)

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest matsuman

Did a KBFI (Boeing Field ) to OMDB (Dubai) on 777LR.7,100nm eastbound flight with tail wind of 47 kts.Total flight time: 14 hrs and 48 min. Average speed: Mach. 84.8 (FL320, FL360 and FL410 S/C)Total Fuel used: 152,000 lbs.Departed: 10:30pm Seattle and arrive 11:15pm Dubai.Had a brief sunrise and it got dark right away, my highest north latitude was just above Iceland.PSS777 with Fly Tampa Dubai is just awesome..............As i learn this PSS 777, I am beginning to enjoy my flights. The PMDG 744 is in the hangar for a while. :-)Kin M.(KLAX)

Guest Midnight LS1

>Because we are talking loooong haul and I saw one of the PSS>guys mention the poles, I thought I would ask if anyone has>done KEWR-VHHH yet? In r/l it is ~ 17 hours and Continental>uses the 777. That route in real life goes right over the>pole and I am wondering if FS can even handle it. For some>reason, the route that FSBUILD creates for me is 17,000>miles... I guess they are really taking the long way>around...>Any thoughts?>-PaulSingapore does KEWR-WSSS with a A340. Since the long haul A340's is in for a heavy maintenance, they're going to be using 777 on this route now.>Also, does anyone know of a good scenery add-on for YSSY? I>hate flying into FS default airports I am so spoiled by all of>these great sceneries we have out there :)File name syd2004.zip on avsim.com :)

Guest lflinares

An FS-generated route took me close to 88N from WSSS to JFK. I think that's as close to the North Pole as FS will allow. LuisKMIA

Thanks Chris,It doesn't look like that scenery contains YSSY though. IS there anything for the airport itself?As for KEWR-VHHH, I got a route in FSBuild of 7220 miles using the great circle route. Should take about 15-15 1/2 block-block if all goes well. I am not sure if it is going to tak me over the pole though. If so, I will wake up and find my 777 wedged in an iceberg somplace.. I will fly it for about another hour tonight then get some sleep and pick it up again around 7 am tomorrow. (I am still working from home while I recover from surgery :) I will get to fly the last 5-6 hours so it should be good...Weather departing KEWR was horrible 1 mile vis, clouds at 300 wind at 12 knts and rain but right now I am 20 minutes in and climbing through 230 for 310. I will hang out there for a while and then step to 350 before bed.Inspiring thread LOL,Thanks again Chris,-PaulEdit- I am watching my first of two sunsets right now :)

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Paul,Just like you I was searching for an YSSY add-on for years, hoping to unearth something like a FlyTampa-quality rendering of the airport... but no. There is one add-on that's been done for FS2002, but it somehow overlayed and messed up the default airport.BUT: one day I saw a picture of some plane taking off from SYD, and when I asked which scenery it was, I was told "it's default". And indeed, SYD is one of the few airports that's done properly in FS9. Not payware quality, but for me, who usually refuses to fly to anything less than highest quality freeware or payware, it was good enough and definitely did no longer keep me from flying to Australia. However, make sure you get a nice AFCAD.Good luck!(The other) Chris

"Great flight from WSS to KJFK! It lasted 18:35""Flawless 19hr 5 min fight from London to Sydney"Luis, you must be mad. :) What on earth do you do for all that time??Still, I admire your stamina.Good luck on your next epic sim session :D Ian

Thanks for the info Chris II LOL Once I get to VHHH maybe I will hop over to YSSY and check it out. I really appreciate the info. What a shame like you said no one like a FlyTampa has ever taken it on.As for my flight, I am 2400 miles outside of VHHH right now. No problem with the poles doing a GCR from KEWR to VHHH. Believe it or not, I am still at FL310. Opt alt is only 330 and with a max of 340 I am going to stay here for another hour at least. 9 hours 45 minutes in, 5 hours to go. I am seeing some crazy weather returns over Northern Russia though, my whole wxr disp is yellow. I am surrounded by clouds right now as well. Wouldn't mind seeing what is below me LOLThanks again Chris and Chris...-PaulEdit, the clouds just cleared and I am somewhere over an incredible mountain range in what I think is Northern Russia. Need to go get a globe LOL as I fly into my second sunset of the flight. The sun is setting on the opposite side of the plane to departure ;)-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.