Sign in to follow this  
Guest lflinares

WSSS - KJFK on the LR

Guest Senior Captain

Hi yesterday I flew KEWR to WSSS 8549 NM via Northern Canada, Alaska and down the Russian Coast via the Sea of Okhotosk, Sea of Japan, and so on down to Singapore. Due to 100kt + heavy headwinds over 7000 Nm of my trip. It took 20.5 hrs and almost all of my fuel. I had a complete complement of crew and pax. I only do my flights in realtime and online, my choice and the Airlines I fly for. Step climbed from Fl 300 to Fl 400 as my weight changed in 2000 ft increments as this is more fuel efficent than the 4000 ft level changes. I left at 8 am EST or 13:00 Gmt Nov 22, had the sun for 20 H 5 min until 25 mins before landing in WSSS at 4:30 am EST or 09:30 Gmt Nov 23. Great flight lots of work due to the winds aloft and constantly changing fuel left for destination. The winds finally subsided between Japan and Taiwan allowing me to continue to WSSS. Otherwise due to the time and fuel burn if the winds had kept up I would have been forced to divert to VHHH. Thanks PSS for the great aircraft hoping that it will have its little problems solved soon. It certainly will go the distance if you can handle the time. :)

Guest Daniel Pimentel

Ummm, the point of the exercise was to break a record, which it did. Maybe that left a sour taste on the mouths of certain individuals and companies (particularly those painting "Longest Range Airliner in the World" all over their birds), but it's a fact.I don't think anyone would argue that doing this flight is profitable for an airline, or even suitable if it was. The point is that it's a record, and an astounding one at that. And regardless of whether the economics make sense, the aircraft made a milestone that should be respected, even if you consider it a "rather pointless exercise". Food for thought. :)Daniel P.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpgMember of SJU Photography. [A HREF=http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=9004]Click Here[/A] to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!The official psychotic AA painter. :)

Guest Knikolaes

>Following Boeings rather pointless exercise of flying 35>passengers from Hong Kong to Heathrow, the wrong way>round(what was the profit margin?), I can just see all the>major airlines queueing up to jump on the "let's spend>megabucks so we can charge 35 passengers 10 times the normal>fare" bandwagon!! For all those advocating flying the>B777-200LR from London to Sydney and back the following>extract, taken from an article by the Air Correspondent of the>Daily Telegraph, should give you food for thought:>>"With a full complement of 301 passengers, the Worldliner's>10,817-mile range would not enable it to make the journey from>London to Sydney without stopping, because of the need to>allow a safety margin in case of a diversion. Even if it could>just make the southbound trip, the return journey back,>against the prevailing wind, would be impossible. However, if>more than 100 seats were stripped out, such a flight would be>possible, taking about 19 hours to Australia and about 21>hours to London. It would also require the addition of 3 more>fuel tanks bringing the total to six." >>Not to mention reduced revenue from the reduction in fare>paying passengers and cargo just so a 2 hour re fuelling stop>and one set of landing fees can be avoided???Uhm . . . it was a test for a world record. And that spill about "35 paying passengers" -- according to what i read elsewhere it was all Boeing staff that were along for the ride for the exercise.

Guest Andrew1981

>- There was some random VNAV glitches, especially when it came>to Step climb. I steped from FL290 to FL330 with no problems.You should use 2000ft Step climb as all the airspace between Singapore and North America is RVSM ;). Actually most of the world uses RVSM . That way you save fuel too .The Real SQ Flight , WSSS-KEWR with the A345 is going thru Japan-Alaska and it

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.