Sign in to follow this  
rjmck

speed brakes

from earlier posts I understand that messages displayed about speed brake extension are true to life ...BUTI have gotten into trouble a couple of times when I have extended the speed brakes on descent and forgotten them ... with bad results!!At least in real life the pilot has a visual cue that the brakes are extended .. he can see the lever... so can I in the simulator IF for some reason I open the pedestal window; but that is unlikely ...so: I suggest there might be a place for compromise here between absolute accuracy and practical reality: some sort of visual cue in the main panel window that the brakes are extended ..Just a suggestion for consideration in any further development of this excellent aircraft!Ron

Guest Midnight LS1

Happened to me a few times, that was until I built the 777 throttle quad which in the bottom is linked to CH products throttle quad.Whenever the FMC shows 'DRAG REQUIRED' I pull on the speed brake lever and keep my hand on it while it's deployed and I don't let go until I'm sure it's back in the flush position.

Sign in to follow this