Sign in to follow this  
rjmck

speed brakes

from earlier posts I understand that messages displayed about speed brake extension are true to life ...BUTI have gotten into trouble a couple of times when I have extended the speed brakes on descent and forgotten them ... with bad results!!At least in real life the pilot has a visual cue that the brakes are extended .. he can see the lever... so can I in the simulator IF for some reason I open the pedestal window; but that is unlikely ...so: I suggest there might be a place for compromise here between absolute accuracy and practical reality: some sort of visual cue in the main panel window that the brakes are extended ..Just a suggestion for consideration in any further development of this excellent aircraft!Ron

Guest Midnight LS1

Happened to me a few times, that was until I built the 777 throttle quad which in the bottom is linked to CH products throttle quad.Whenever the FMC shows 'DRAG REQUIRED' I pull on the speed brake lever and keep my hand on it while it's deployed and I don't let go until I'm sure it's back in the flush position.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.