Sign in to follow this  
psolk

Horrible bobbing, possible reason

OK, so for some reason, while I was doing my pre-flight, I changed the CG on the perf init page instead of the takeoff page of the cdu. Well as I was climbing past 290 the plane started to bob horribly. I immediately checked all of my trim settings to see that the perf init page had a CG of 22 instead of 30. I set it back to the default and within seconds the plane settled down. I am wondering if this is what some of the people who say the bobbing is uncontrollable are doing?Just a thought but it settled down right away for me...Happy flights,-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

OK, so I woke up this morning and thought maybe I was crazy last night. ( I probably was but that is irrelevant) I am 2400 miles outside VHHH from KEWR and I decided to try and change the CG from 30 to 22 in the perf init page just to see what happens. Instant bobbing at real time. Switched it back to its default setting of 30 on the perf init page and it settled down.SOOO, as long as I only change the CG in the takeoff page, no bobbing but if I change the value of the CG in the perf init page to anything but the default 30 I am bobbing all over the place.Hoping this helps someone,-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.