Sign in to follow this  
Guest jimmer

how will it run on my system

Guest jimmer

Base processor and speedPentium 4 2.8 GHz/533 Ram512MB is standard (2 X 512 MB DIMM)Hard drive160 GBhopefully soon going to shift the computer up to 1gb

Guest AAL516

how about the video card?but regardless, it should be fine

It'll be flyable! :)I was running a very similar system until last weekend. I had a GB of RAM though and for me it made a substantial difference compared to half a GB. Highly reccommend stepping up to 1 GB.As for your performance, your graphics card will have some impact on the FPS, though not as much as the CPU. If you're running an Nvidia FX5200 it will be a bit slow. A 6600GT will run it pretty #### well. Anything higher than that and your CPU will start to become the constraining factor.With your system plus another 512MB RAM I'd cautiously suggest you might expect mid-high teens FPS provided you restart your PC and shut down any non-essential services before loading up FS. The more weather, AI and enhanced airports your fly into, thew lower that goes.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest jimmer

i couldn't find the video card but i have ut on 100% as well will that effect anything

You may have on board video, which generally is not recommended. If you have a video card, with your vintage of system, it would probably be in the AGP slot.Ron

Ron Service

Guest Midnight LS1

1 gig of RAM is recommended. RAM is like weed for the computer :)Hard drive isn't an issue.The video card will be an problem if you don't have a deciated one like not running off the one intergrated into the moterboard.I'm running 3.2 Pent 4 with HT and 1 gig of RAM, a Western Digital 74 GB 10,000 RPM hard drive and a Nvidia GeForce 6800 Ultra and it runs smooth and powerful.And it's custom built, just for FS9 and it's in a case which has a intake cooling fan which looks like a jet engine!I counted all the fans in the system including hard drive cooler fans, over 9 fans!The ONLY things installed in the computer is the latest drivers, Win XP Pro and FS9.1 That's it!I have a laptop for other uses such as online, documents, etc which is a Dell Insprion 5150.The biggest improvement I saw between the video card and FS9 is tweaking the texture bandwidth size in FS9.CFG by setting it to 400 from the default 0 or 60. This really made data transfering to the video card alot faster and I did see a good gain in FPS along with faster texture loading times while flying and changing views quickly.Always use the AA and AS filters in the video card settings, not in FS9 which puts quite a considerable load on the CPU.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.