Sign in to follow this  
LN-KMM

BIG problems with the FMC (CDU)

Hey. I have enjoyed the B777 now for a few weeks and I am closing up on 40hours in it :) But I have a problem.!I am currently in a flight from EHAM to KJFK BUT, when I press VNAV I am forwarded to the DES page! When I press the "PREV PAGE" button I get the message "DSPY" on the left side, so I can't use VNAV in the MCP! What can I do to reverse this prosess from DES to CRZ? PLEASE help me!!! :-zhelp Thanks for a GREAT plane! :DBest regards Karl Mathias Moberg

Guest aarskringspier

Ah you must have lowered the flaps after they were fully raised during your flight at some time; doing this messes up the VNAV and CDU and cant be fixed until youve reset the flight.

Hm.. I really don't think I did... After takeoff I allways move my Yoke away from my desk... And use the keyboard to raise flaps... :-zhelp :-zhelp

Guest Insidious

Hello everybody,I've also a problem with the FMC. I just wanted to fly a test flight yesterday (from Amsterdam Schiphol (EHAM) to Londen Heathrow (EGLL)). Everything was just fine, but when I adjusted the arrival for runway 27L, the LAM3A arrival, whole FS freeses. I re-installed the plane, added the new AIRACs en SID/STARs, but the problem keeps going. Is the a known problem, or am I the only one?Thanks for your answers.Regards, Insidious.

> a known problem, or am I the only one?No you are not. I put that route in to see what happened and the whole system freezes up when I try to enter the cost index BUT I have already put the LAM3A in for 27L. This has happened three times and I will next use a different entry to 27L. BTW - I am using the 05/12 AIRAC from Navdata - are you using the same one?

Guest Insidious

Yes sir, indeed! I've updated everything, but it was not THE solution for the problem. Hopefully PSS will come with an update for the CDU...Cheers, Insidious.

I have reprogrammed the CDU using a different entry into 27L and everything seems sweet.Next is to try a route from, say Germany, and see what happens with usiung LAM3A. I suspect it will fail in which case there is probably something wrong with it. I have some old data and maybe will try that tomorrow.Bill

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.