Sign in to follow this  
psolk

Warning sounds gone crazy.

Hi guys,So I know all of the warning sounds when starting from C&D has already been brought up but it is more than just that. Right now for example my a/c is sitting completely shut down in Sydney. It has been sitting there for ~ 12 hours. Well despite the fact the battery is shut down, no APU, no ground power or ground air, I am STILL getting those warning sounds randomly. I am sitting here working and all of a sudden all of the warning sounds from startup go off and scare the bejeezuz out of me. What actually triggers all these warnings and why does it seem like every switch I trigger sets it off? In addition, why is it that just sitting there doing nothing they go off randomly?Thanks in advance,-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest Phoenix_7

I just loaded 'cold and dark' let is sit for 2hrs and didn't receive any alarms, no idea why you would get this?JohnPSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Default flight is cessna with avionics and batt on, mixture off...I get them when starting from C/D as well. If I turn on hydraulics, fuel pumps, they all generate warning sounds. Weird...I even loaded the cessna before the flight because I was flying out of simflyers and needed to set the gate frequencies.-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

>I just loaded 'cold and dark' let is sit for 2hrs and didn't>receive any alarms, no idea why you would get this?>I have had them as well but it comes after shutting down not starting up (andf the whole shutdown procedure has been followed religiously from the tutorial).Bill

I wrote a post about the "wee wee wee" sound few weeks ago but never found an answer to this problem.http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...ing_type=searchI am also loading the default Cessna before choosing the T7.It's so annoying that I don't use this beautiful aircraft anymore. Not a joke! because I generally fly when everybody sleep, I can't wake up the whole house.That's very sad and very frustrating that no one at PSS treats this problem seriously. THe only answer I got from support was " I don't have this noise", which didn't really helped me.David

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Guest mlegein

I have it too. 1. Starting from the default Cessna.2. Shutting down the engine in the Cessna.3. Switching over to the 777.4. My ears get blasted from the warning horn. The FPD, ND and EICAS screens are ON (!) even though this is supposed to be C&D. After some 10 seconds, the screens eventually turn black.This doesn't seem right.Michel Legein

Hi guys,I have heard a single alarm on odd ocassions when totally powered down as well. You will definitely get one if the ADIRU is switched off. I also get a random alarm when under battery power which corresponds to a momentary display on EICAS of "Engine Oil Pressure R". I'm lucky though this happens infrequently for me.RegardsMervyn

Mervyn Edwards

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

What I wanted to know is where this b...y sound file was located in order to reduce its volume.But it seems that this sound is part of a gauge and we need PSS's help to look at it.Regards,David

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Guest Phoenix_7

it's FS loading and setting the panel state, nothing can be done, I get 3 beeps for about 3 seconds, is it that big of an issueJohnPSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Hey John,I don't mind the three beeps when FS loads, You can just turn down the volume when loading FS if you need to. My problem is that no matter what I do in regards to steps, turning on the fuel pumps, fuel switches, APU, hydraulics, all cause warning sounds. Starting up from C/D it seems like I get at least 10 warnings. I go through the typical startup flow following the checklists Mike so kindly wrote up for us...Thanks for being available John,Happy Turkey day for those of us in the states. Happy Thursday for everyone else ;)-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Hi John,If you estimate that a customer not using your product anymore because of this noise is not an issue so, what is an issue?I am very serious here.Again, what YOU get is not the problem but what WE get.We get full volume random alarms not only when loading the aircraft but during all the setup, regardless the sytems that are powered on.To be clear it's not 3 beeps but 4 "wee wee wee wee" that come randomaly.David

Best regards,
David Roch

Guest NormanB

David,I am also serious here. I sing customer service from the rooftops but I wont have members of the team take abuse where its not needed in exactly the same way as I wouldn't dream of the support team giving out abuse.I can see how John's question can be read as flippant. I can also say that wasn't the way he would want it to be interpreted. He simply askled if what he hears is causing you concern, whereas it appears from your description that you are hearing something completely different.Is it possible that you or someone else reporting this can record the 4 "wee wee wee wee" sounds and send them to me because, at the risk of being flamed, I am at a loss to comrehend the issue you report if you are following the instructions in the sticky post.I'm also more than happy to answer your queries via email if you wish. I can be contacted using the forum's private messaging system.