Sign in to follow this  
Guest ntsmith

Something looks lacking

Guest ntsmith

Before I spend hard earned cash could anyone say if the 777 has anything more than the crew cabin modelled. From the external shots I have seen it looks as though they have put absolutely nothing into the model that cold be seen from the outside so I guess the windows would hide nothing but a void.PMDG have modelled in many instances the interior with an option to use it if required. Has this aircraft the same ?Kind regardsNigel Thomas-Smith

Guest spookymufu

no there is just a void where the cabin would be, for the life of me, I dont understand why they put the window holes in the model, a window texture would have been much better and more versital. It would give the ability for more custom window configurations.

Guest ntsmith

Pity really. I think I'll stay away from this one at the moment. No interior and all the exterior paint jobs have to be seperately paid for and there is more than one base aircraft too. This is way overpriced in my view.Anyway, thanks for the honest info. It's much apreciated.Kind regardsNigel Thomas-Smith

I could really care less about the cabin as the VC looks awesome (could be better with window textures). Give me a great looking flight deck and I'm fine besides I can't fly from the cabin anyway... ;-)I wouldn't have mind seeing the sleeping area of the flight crew that sits above the passenger area though. I can't imagine how that would look or work... Anybody got any photos of the stairs leading up to the upper deck???

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

>I wouldn't have mind seeing the sleeping area of the flight>crew that sits above the passenger area though.Maybe you are talking about another aircraft mate. The 777s I've rode in so far had sleeping quarters right behind the flight deck on the left side of the aircraft. The only 777 I saw that did not have this config was an older BAW model now belonging to Varig which did not have space for a room in that place due to an ancient and cumberosme analog video console (to control the pax videos) taking up the space. However, there are so many company specific modifications nowadays that there might be a sleeping quarters where you mentioned in some aircraft. I doubt it though.Best Regards,Victor Lima

Check it out Victor.http://www.boeing.com/news/releases/2004/p...pr_040803g.htmlhttp://www.sae.org/aeromag/techupdate_5-00/08.htmPSS modeled the 777-200LR that features overhead sleeping quaters not only for pilots but crew alike (in back by the tail). It would be very interesting to see something like this in person...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2