Sign in to follow this  
Guest turby

Transponder Initial Position

Guest turby

I don't know whether or not someone has mentioned this before.But, whenever I log on VATSIM and start the engine, the transponder position is at normal.I think the switch position should be at stand-by, because pilots should turn the switch to stby after they land and get out of runway. So, in Cold and Dark condition, the switch should be at STBY.Could you chane the initial setting for the next product update?Thanks!K. Chang

I concur. I believe this might be relatively easy to fix in an upcoming patch. Concerning transponders they could also try to implement the above/normal/below TCAS functionality. But that is not something many people miss. Best Regards,Victor Lima

Guest NormanB

The initial position is set by the user.If you set it to standby and then save the flight when that flight is loaded at a later date your xpdr is at standby.

Yes but when you start a new flight from scratch and select the 777 dosn't it always default to transmit?Best Regards,Victor Lima

I have a similar problem with the weather radar always starting in test mode. That should be something you select, as a test, not the mode it start up in. It should start up switched off.Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

Guest turby

We are not demanding too much, are we?I believe customer satisfaction comes from very small thing.Thanks.

Guest AAL516

yes...we desperately need this patch. it's hard to fly online into populated areas without a TCAS and i'm not particularly fond of my CDU crashing the sim when i plan an arrival after a 7 hour flight....:-boom

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.