Sign in to follow this  
qnh

The woop woop wee wee whatever sound

Now lets keep emotion out of this thread please. There is what I would term a problem with the number of rather loud warning sounds up until engine start. When you load the aircraft you get 3, sometimes 4 warning sounds before the panels go blank. Add external power and air and start the APU, another warning, start switching on hydraulics etc, more warnings, almost one per switch (not always though). Now to engine start, shortly after fuel is opened to the engine I get multiple warning sounds, for each engine. So to get to an operation aircraft we get over a dozen warning sounds. Is this right?--qnh

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Guest aarskringspier

I honestly dont know if its right or not but I personally hate it. I have the sim muted up until I have all engines running with everything turned on.

I also hate it.Please see these posts:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...g_id=7292&page=http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...ing_type=searchSupport is aware of this problem but can't reproduce it and doesn't seem to know what sound we are speaking about.Norman is waiting for someone to record this sound and send him.I can't do that, I have no microphone.Best regards,David

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Guest NormanB

David,QNH sent me what he hears. I will post it with a link later to check if its what you hear.

>David,>>QNH sent me what he hears. I will post it with a link later>to check if its what you hear.NormanI think what everyone is talking about is the master caution warnings. ie; When you start engines you get an alarm meant to tell you to put gen online as well as hydraulics,and bleeds. This is normal in most sims to some extent.

Perfect Norman. Thank you for taking this one also on your shoulders.Best wishesDavid

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

I think the sounds are probably correct warnings, but you should only get them once, when you power up from the cold and dark state. The problem seems to be that if you have "cold and dark" selected, when the sim starts the there's some power on from somewhere, then it shuts off. So instead of getting just one cycle of power on warnings you get two, plus whatever happenes when the power switches off in between.At least that's how my installation works. Personally I don't care about the noise. It's closer to realism than if there were no chimes and bells as you power up. There are much bigger issues for PSS to chase down first.Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

According to EICAS, the warnings appear to be for 'R eng oil temp', the message pops up and goes away with the sound. Not sure why that should come up intermittently as it does. On the EICAS engine screen, everything appears normal. Oil temps at the low end of the scale, but OK, engines still off.L eng oil temp warning is steady in the recall list, doesn't come on or off with a warning sound.Hope this helps in rooting out the problem,Best,Martijn

>Now lets keep emotion out of this thread please. >>There is what I would term a problem with the number of rather>loud warning sounds up until engine start. When you load the>aircraft you get 3, sometimes 4 warning sounds before the>panels go blank. Add external power and air and start the APU,>another warning, start switching on hydraulics etc, more>warnings, almost one per switch (not always though). Now to>engine start, shortly after fuel is opened to the engine I get>multiple warning sounds, for each engine. So to get to an>operation aircraft we get over a dozen warning sounds. Is this>right?>>--qnhThose audible alarms occur when temps, vibrations etc go above or below a specified setpoint. When the compressor turns and the oil temp rises it hits the minimum setpoint which causes the alarm to sound and likewise the alarm would sound after the engines are shut down and the oil begins to cool. At high altitudes where temps are in the minuses those sensors become extremely important when a crew would have to investigate why the oil temp has gone down and give them enough time to react to the changing situation.Max

\Robert Hamlich/

Guest mlegein

Norman,I emailed you a wav file at the PSS support email address, to your attention. Did you get it? It is a recording of the alarm sound. I couldn't get it to you any other way as your profile seesms to be blocked or hidden.Michel LegeinFlorida USA

Here ya go the last word on the warning sounds:The PSS warning logic is incorrect which is why we all have a battery of warning sounds going off in the cockpit on startup and shutdown. Here is what is supposed to happen:When you are going through your startup flow assuming APU is running and autostart. There are NO warning sounds when the engines come online because the system assumes that you have not engaged the GEN, PACKS, HYD or ELEC yet. The EICAS will illuminate yellow and switching on the systems after engine start should produce NO warning sounds at all. Likewise, cutting power from the APU GEN to ENG GENs produces no warning. The way the pilot knows that all switches are where they are supposed to be is by checklist and by the EICAS. The aural warning is there for system failures NOT as reminders. In the real 777 if all those alarms were going off on startup it would be not only annoying but would take away attention if there was a real issue. As it is now, you can't tell by aural warning if it is normal or not because they go off all the time.Once the engines are started and all switches are in the flight logic positions the warnings are now armed. For example, If you were to turn off ENG GEN with no APU GEN you WILL get an aural alarm because you will have lost electrical power. However, if you turn of ENG GEN but have APU GEN on as long as you have electrical power you will NOT get an alarm.Likewise, as the eng temp rises you should get no alarm because the system is normal. If the eng temp rises into the red then you will get the alarm. If oil, hyd, elec, press, vib, etc go into the yellow while the system is in flight logic you will get an alarm. In the same token, on shutdown, you should NOT get a bunch of alarms (except for autoflight systems being disengaged after landing or on approach). If more info is needed by PSS, I am more than willing to help out. I asked if this warning configuration was an airline option, but no one has heard of it...not to say it is not, I'm just relaying what a few United Airline mechanics told me this evening over beers.

Hey Max:Actually, that is not correct...see my post below. As the oil temp rises, the system is smart enough to know that the oil temp is SUPPOSED to rise because the engines are on therefore no alarm is triggered unless it rises into the red. Likewise with engines off, the logic knows that the oil will cool and no alarm is triggered.What you are describing would be the equivalent of your oil light coming on because there is no oil circulating because the engine is off. PSS didn't model the aural warning logic correctly in this case.

Guest jayson2830

During shut down after shutting off the engines , lights etc.When I turn of the Bat switch I get an alarm that I cannot shut off no matter what I try. When using Radar contact it is impossible to hear the critique.

I want to add to this by saying that I am VERY upset that, after loading the panel cold and dark, I have to wait a WHOLE 4 SECONDS before the panel really goes "cold and dark." I think this is an outrage, and I want my money back. ricardo

Guest Phoenix 1

Sorry ? 4 seconds is an OUTRAGE ???Does your Flightsim boot INSTANTLY ??I have NEVER Heard a more reciculous complaint Please accept your refund, it may take up to 24 HOURS !