Sign in to follow this  
jaguado

WXR radar pop up gauge problem

Hi all, today, I was cruising at an optimum alt of 38000 feet with the 200LR, everything was setup right, but as I activated the pop up WXR radar, Autopilot went crazy, would not hold alt or speed, and Lnav would swing violently from side to side. Has anyone encountered this before? it only happened when I activated the WXR pop up gauge from the FS menu while flying...EDIT: by the way, I was unable to recover so only hand flying, but I was over the atlantic, I tryed to request an alternate airport for landing, and that did not function either.

Guest Phoenix_7

you don't open the pop-up weather radar screenyou should be pressing WXR on the EFIS mode panel, this shows the wxr on the ND displayJohnPSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

I knew that you use the WXR button, I just wanted to see the other option. Thanks for the heads-up :D

Guest usajet93

ANd what is the terr button for?

Guest Midnight LS1

>How? ANd WhereOn the radio panel, there's a Wx RDR section in it which has controls for the gain, tilt, Ground Clutter System on/off and terrain on/off.

Guest Phoenix_7

please see the pinned message at the top of the forum, there is a link for the WXR manual which explains the functionsJohnPSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.