Sign in to follow this  

Cockpit View Zoom

I normally set view zoom to 75-80% but as soon as I use the hat switch to pan the zoom reverts back to 100%.How can I alter the default to 75% and would I have to do this for individual planes.I have Panning in cockpit mode set in the FS2002.cfg could this be causing the zoom to revert or is this normal?RegardsBaz

It must be set in the individual aircraft's panel cfg. Look in the {views} section of the panel cfg for the main panel entry and set it there ie; {VIEWS}Foward_Main=00Foward_main_Dir=3.5Foward_main_zoom=*******Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithcrvm@iwon.com" A little learning is a dangerous thing"AMD XP2100 |MUNCHKIN512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ]K7S5A MB |[b]GF364 MEG |WIN XP PRO

Randy,Tried that but my .cfg files were different.In main panel .cfg I just have:default viewX=0Y=0Size_X=8192Size_Y=2500ViewsView_Forward_Dir= 3.0, 0.0, 0.0This applies to all Cessna's, Bell 206 and 747. Havn't looked at them all. These files are a default install. Can't see mention of a zoom anywhere.CheersBaz

Guest RonB49

You're right Baz, because the default zoom is 1.00. If you want a value other that 1.00, then you must insert the entire line with 0.75 or 0.80 as the value. You can put it right under the View_Forward_Dir line.You may encounter some planes with no views section at all; they are using default values for all view settings. Then you must put in the {Views} section yourself and set what ever parameters that you wish. Be sure to use square brakets around the word "Views." R-

Aah, so you only get out of this sim what you are prepared to put in.Thanks very much Ron for the explanation.Baz