Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cherokee6

Autopilot and Pitch Hold

Guest Cherokee6

I bought the B777 model the other day and was pleased with the program except one thing which will prevent me from flying the aircraft at all. On the B772LR aircraft, when the autopilot is engaged, the aircraft will start an immediate descent as if given a pitch down cmd. If I try and use the V/S or any other pitch modes there is no affect. I have to disconnect the A/P to stop the descent. While this problem is occurring and I look outside the aircraft you can see the L/R elevator fluttering up and down. I disconnected the Yoke and still have the problem. I tried the panel in another aircraft and the same pitch problem occurred. I used a different panel in this aircraft and there were no problems in pitch. The problem is definitely with the panel. I have the LVL-D 767 and there are no problems with it or any other aircraft I have downloaded. I use Windows XP Home Edition, Version: 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600, Processor: x86 Family 6 Model 10 Stepping 0 AuthenticAMD ~2191 Mhz. Need your help or I will have bought a product with no use.Thanks in advance for you timely response. I see great potential in this product if the A/P is fixed. An added note, I also reloaded the program with no correction made to the problem.

Guest Cherokee6

I figured I would wait until the holiday was over but now i would like some help on what to do to isolate the problem with this aircraft and Autopilot engage in pitch hold mode. You can see my post as to explaning the nature of the problem. I need the design people to give me direction to a solution. Regards

Guest adameke777

Hi Nameless,You don't provide enough details to help you isolate the problem. Follow John's advice on the tutorial flight first. If that does not work for you, specify step by step the procedure you use to program the autopilot. BTW, B777 autopilot does not have a pure "pitch hold" mode.

Guest Cherokee6

I will go through the tutorial and see what happens and get back to youThanks,Cliff

Guest Cherokee6

John,I tried to find information on the tutorial flight and got no where. Can you tell me how to access this tutorial. Sorry for my ignorance.Cliff

Check the PSS site for manuals under PSS777. Its called PSS772LRkbfi.Ron

Ron Service

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.