Sign in to follow this  
FOD

Positioning of "CF" Point

In an earlier post I raised the positioning of the CF point. According to Michael Benson it is set at a default of 12 nm but can be adjusted to, say, 15 nm. For some reason, mine is invariably set at 8 nm from touchdown and I have been unable to find anyway to change this range.Grateful for any help:Is the default 8 or 12 nm?Is there a method of changing to a greater range?Many thanks in advanceJohn Rooum

JohnMany thanks - interesting as the Airbus series was set at 10 nm. However, if you the fly the FMC programmed descent you arrive at 8nm to touchdown at 170 kts and at 2800 ft. You are already above the ILS glidepath and 20

Hello,you can insert any desirable point, delete the CF point, and edit the speed and altitude at any point. It would allow the aircraft to fly hands-off till the wheels touch down, just remember gear, flaps and other checklist items.>Many thanks - interesting as the Airbus series was set at 10>nm. However, if you the fly the FMC programmed descent you>arrive at 8nm to touchdown at 170 kts and at 2800 ft. You are>already above the ILS glidepath and 20

Opher,I had assumed that, as the CF point was tied to the runway approach reqired, it could not be deleted. However, I see the logic of you suggestion and will give it a whirl tomorrow.Many thanks for the help.John

When I delete the CF point, FS freezes hard.

Eric 

Great - no problem deleting CF point and inserting my own - many thanks for the help.For Eric - I only mamaged to get a freeze once. I made 8 or 9 changes to the flight plan legs - including deleting the CF point - before I selected "execute". I suspect this was too much for Win XP which gave up in disgust and froze. If I pressed "exe" after every change I had no problems.The more I use the PSS 777, the more I am impressed and it has tremendous potential - if only I could give it more time!John

>>If I pressed "exe" after every change I had no problemsWill try that out.

Eric 

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.