Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

777 no go with sim acceleration...

The PSS 777 does terrible with any sim acceleration past 4x. I know this may not be realistic but I don't have 14 hours to sit behind a machine for a cross the pacific flight. It would be a nice option if could jack the acceleration speed up to it's highest setting in the sim for say a flight from KJFK to London's Heathrow airport. I do of course fly at normal sim speed all the way up to cruise altitude and at the start of my decent... :-shy

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I'm having the same problem on a route EGLL to KJFK, but have found that (unrealistically) carrying about 50 tonnes too much fuel and keeping at or slightly below the 'OPT' altitude according to VNAV, also keeping the weather down to 'mild' changes, and also flying head down (can't see the outside at all) the nodding is minimised and I can run at 8x - but I need to keep a finger near the pause switch as the model can quite suddenly fall out of the sky. I also set the weight well forward to give a CG of about 17.On my system there is a definite link between seeing out and violent nodding at any kind of accel setting above 4 and it's pretty bad a 2x. It seems to get into a feedback loop which just gets worse. It may be the processor and graphics cards are competing for resources and clashing - but that's a very wild guess.Currently I've benn on 8x for about 10 mins with live weather but I'm heads down and wartching whilst typing this on a second computer.I have a 3.4GHz P4 HT, 2BG RAM and a 256MG NVidia 6600 driving a 192- x 1200 23" widescreen display (used for editing normally).Richard

>I'm having the same problem on a route EGLL to KJFK, but have>found that (unrealistically) Sorry but I found it amusing that you would deem anything you have to do to fix the problem of the plane not flying at 8x the normal speed as unrealistic LOL If you want realism then why fly at 8x? Seems that is where realism goes out the window :)Seriously, I understand this is an issue for those who fly at accelorated sim rates and was not trying to make light but surely you can see the irony in looking for a "realistic" fix to an "unrealistic" scenario of flying at 8x the normal speed of time...Remember, there were other great payware releases that did nothing but 1x until they had a patch...Incindentally, I flew at 4x for the first time in a year last night to test a f/p and scenery issue. It was rock solid at 350 with Cruise CG of 30% takeoff CG of 23% VNAV and ALT HOLD all worked great...Be patient,-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

I actually find I have to use that level of fuel overload to stop the model bobbing - a well known and documented issue that the patch will hopefully fix.It's bad at normal rate but unflyable at any kind of accel factor.I quite agree with the irony of doing something unrealistic to make it realistic, but then that wasn't the point of my suggestion.I was trying to help someone out with a problem, even if it was an unrealistic mode of flying.And I agree, at least we can fly in unrealistic accel modes. Bring back supersonic flight for all, not just PSS Concorde users. Richard :-)

LOL, we should all be flying SR-71's...As for the bobbing, i was able to reproduce this once by changin the cruise CG. Obviously I set my takeoff CG to what is specified on my spreadsheet but one day out just being careless I also entered by takeoff CG in the Cruise CG. I saw a horrible bobbing. I then went and set the cruise CG back to the default of 30% and bingo, smoothed out in a matter of seconds. I am wondering if that could be something to do with it? Just a thought... I never edited my aircraft.cfg, use the spreadsheet, and a default cruise CG of 30 and only ever change my fuel. Works for me and I never ever see bobbing :) Hopefully that tip will help someone ,-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest mulletman

ALT+TAB. 14hours. no problem. :)Or get a knee board browser. Or wait for a fix.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.