Sign in to follow this  
greg100o

3 weeks and no patch

Its been about three weeks now and no mention of when a patch is due. I wonder why this is taking so long,given how quickly things were moving to get the release out the door. Personally the inability to save a flight is a show stopper for me. And very odd is that this was a mentioned feature but an obvious bug to me within the first few minutes of gettting aquainted, how did it get past beta testers?Any update on patch from PSS would be appreciated.ThanksGreg

Greg Clark

Yesobviously the 777 was far from ready for being released, i think we all need to be patient here and let PSS sort out all the bugs, i am hoping it will be before Christmas i suppose.Till then im flying my 737NG from you know whom.

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Guest aarskringspier

Its uninstalled; to many quality offerings out there now and more just around the corner to mess around with this thing anymore.

Guest quiet1

All I am gonna say is that I am disappointed in how PSS is handling the communication factor with its customers. ALl of there answers to some problems given are very short and non descriptive , The last good word we heard was when that sticky post was made , and I think this one is gonna go down with a sour note for PSS come release for the 757

I suppose it will be ready when it is finished. I'm one of the lucky ones, I've done over 20 flights with no major hassles.

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Guest matann

greg i think that your right on 100%!!!i am very disappointed about the pss handling about the "known issue" that still have been not resolved.i think that at least we diserve to know what about the update,as you know,there is a lot of bugs on the airplane,untill your patch arrive the aircraft is still unflying:sagain,your handling about it is rellay bad,hopfully to finaly know what about it.have a nice day you all.....

Guest sb55mv

Hi Guy's.Well, I am somewhat surprised here at all of this, we were all excited about the impending release of a quality T7, then we kept hassling them for the release date, they kept replying to us that it will be on such and such a date, that date came and went, but they did explain why it happened, Personally, I was more than happy with why they held back the release date given the reasons they mentioned.However, when it was released, there were still some problems / bugs, whatever you might want to call them. but, they have stated that they are Working on them. what more can they say. do we need a reminder every day, surely not.whilst some might think I am shining sunlight up the PSS rear, I can assure you I am not, I would like these issues dealt with as soon as possible too, but, I am also prepared to wait for them to complete the list properly. may I remind some of you that we have had Two Patches for the LDS 767, and we are still waiting for the Main Patch for the PMGD. think about how long that Queen has been out !However, I did spend some time on Skype yesterday with Norman, and I found to my horror and embarrassment that a couple of the problems I was having with this bird were my own fault. do you know how many times I have read All the Manuals!, well it's Four Times, and I'm still finding things now, Norman pointed out where I was going wrong and since then I have had No Lock-ups.I was having a problem that he was not, and it was the cost index issue. however, it turned out that the reason why he, and the testers did not have this issue was because I was doing things wrong. once it was explained to me correctly, and after it was pointed out to me that it is in the Manual, I had no more CDU issues.there are other things that are being worked on as we speak, so, come on guy's, lets give them some more time.and may I remind some of you about a particular point. this product was designed to be a higher than average add-on, not a two clicks and you're in the air. the amount of detail in the cockpit is astounding, for example, how many of you have noticed the altering shadowing on the switches as you move them !, and how many other add-ons have you got that do this !lastly, what about the Weather Radar, what an excellent implementation. I realise that they might not be the first to implement such a thing, but, they certainly have done it well, and given us a lot more control over it too.I also find that this plane runs far more smoother than a few add-ons I could mention. I don't have any problems on my PC, but a few of my friends do have slower performance machines compared to some of us, and these other add-ons bring their whole system down to their knees, let alone FS9.1. so, all in all I think we are being a bit harsh here. give them time, and either re-visit the pages that you skipped in the Manuals, or, wait for the Patch when it's ready.one other thing, take this how you will, but my spelling sometimes leaves a lot to be desired. it's a mixture of typing too fats for my fingers, or just poor sentence structure. but I did find all of my answers in the free IE Spell.it is hard to take some seriously when their post is full of spelling mistakes.check out > http://www.iespell.com/ foe All you're answers.have fun, and, just in case I don't happen to be back in here before the main event. may I take this opportunity of wishing All of You and You're Families and the PSS Team a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.lets hope we all think about adding Patience to our list of New Year Resolutions. (I know I could do with some more, I have been likened to a hand grenade when it comes to the length of mine ! !)

You're absolutely right Steve - you ARE shining sunlight up the PSS rear :-lol you PSS a really excited user you!Seriously though, I'm a patient sort and even if the a/c was unflyable for me I'd still be willing to wait. In the Avsim vendor survey 'reputation' is key for me, PSS rep is good as they come imho, they will fix it - that's a given.An update would be nice, you know, thus far gentlemen this is fixed that is fixed the other is still outstanding, but if that's not the way it is on this occasion, then so be it, I've got bigger fish to fry in life.Personally, I broke my own rule, I bought a complex addon right out the gate :) largely a no no, if you want no bugs, with the VAST majority of developers no matter who they are. Still, even now, the a/c is great fun to fly for me, a fantastic T7 experience. regards,Markhttp://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a319/mar.../sup_banner.jpghttp://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a319/markrey/lsd2.jpgXPHomeSP2/FS9.1/3.2HT/1GIG/X700pro256

Regards,

Mark

Guest Andrea

Four days after the final release I've uninstalled the new 777. I'm no longer available to waste my time at FS9 with a product still not stable and quite poor of functionalities if compared with the market leaders.Andrea

>I was having a problem that he was not, and it was the cost>index issue. however, it turned out that the reason why he,>and the testers did not have this issue was because I was>doing things wrong. once it was explained to me correctly, and>after it was pointed out to me that it is in the Manual, I had>no more CDU issues.OK I have looked in the manual again but it is only twice against your four times and am still none the wiser.So do we get a clue (apart from RTFM:-lol ) even if it is only the page number !!Best regardsBill

Guest Mariner

Well said Steve! I was one of those who pre-ordered this aircraft and waited until the release version was made available. In the intervening period I kept my self in the picture daily, by reading the posts in this forum. I have to say I became increasingly horrified by the comments and downright abuse levelled at PSS by a great many people, experienced?? simmers for the most part. In the last 4-5 years systems have become more complex with many differing CPU's, graphics cards and types of memory yet it seems that there are a lot of people out there who appear to have lost sight of all the complexities involved and expect immediate perfect results at the drop of a hat, irrespective of the enormous differences in individual equipments. Not to mention the myriad of add-ons available. They clamour constantly for a release date; set any such date, once given, in concrete; moan and whine when any deadline, for whatever reason - mostly very valid - is missed and then become either dismissive or downright rude when, as an apologetic gesture, they are offered a pre release version to use whilst the developers burn the midnight oil, under enormous pressure, in an attempt to get the "real" version out as soon as posssible. They seem unable to understand why their constant complaining, demands and pressure has induced an imperfect product and then increase the pressure by carping on about a perceived delay in a patch. No doubt when the patch appears, as it surely will, which does not cure all their ills, imagined or not, there will be yet more ill-considered complaints.Having attempted many flights, I have "completed" just 3 in the 3 weeks or so since "final release" of this product - one for each of the 3 aircraft and all with the same flight plan. None of them has been perfect by any stretch of the imagination and not all of the problems have been repeatable during the 3 flights. However, the vast majority of the problems have been solved by reference to the flight manual or by experimentation. Some problems remain outstanding, many are already known and we are told they are being addressed - that should suffice. Those that are not, that I alone, seem to be experiencing, on my system, I continue to try to find solutions for. When I have exhausted my own ideas and somewhat limited knowledge then I will approach PSS - not just jump in with both feet because this product is less than perfect. It would be unique if it was!The many posts that have appeared on the theme of "I have bought all of your other products and never had any/this many problems - this is the worst product ever - I wish I had never bought it - I've consigned it to the hangar/uninstalled it" are simply incomprehensible and quite breathtaking in their naivety. All I would say to those who have penned such a missive is "Oh ye of little faith"! Professional pride is a great incentive and I am quite sure that all those involved in the design and production of this software are very professional in what they do and the care they take in doing it. I am quite certain that the team at PSS will not rest until the vast majority of the differing problems people are experiencing are cured and that this, their latest product, is as good as all that they have produced in the past. Until then, I am confidently prepared to wait, its just a shame that others, possibly full of their own misguided importance, are not. Who was it who said patience is a virtue?Dave HowellsJust another flight simmer - with over 10,000 hours experience!

Guest Phoenix_7

as has been mentioned a patch is in the workswhen it is finished and tested it will be releasedwhen that will be is unknownJohnPSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg