Sign in to follow this  
Guest vcom

Autopilot issues: Strange too much.

Guest vcom

Hello all.Frist: Sorry but my english is very basic. :)I've noticed stranges reactions when i selected V/S, HOLD or VNAV modes.In V/S mode, the autopilot commands abrupts reactions. He do not commands an "smooth input" as we have in PMDG737, Level-D etc. HOLD mode happens as the same. The real airplane commands smooth inputs. The system (if press HOLD) goes to V/S zero smooth too much in real airplane. In PSS are incorrect. Must be more smooth in reactions.My specs:FS2004 + Update 9.1 and FSUIPC (Latest version).Regards,Ernest

Hi Ernest,Welcome to the forums, you english is just fine for us to understand.I know there is currently some tweaking of the fde going on as others have noticed the abrupt changes as well. Personally, I always use v/s and make my input changes very slowly 100 feet at a time rather than 1000 and I can manually make it smother than the A/P. It works for me for now but others have seen what you said also and it has been mentioned the fde is being tweaked...You mentioned the real plane, are you a T7 pilot? I would love to have some real pilots to ask questions of. My ITVV DVD's can only take me so far...Welcome,-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest vcom

>Hi Ernest,>Welcome to the forums, you english is just fine for us to>understand.>>I know there is currently some tweaking of the fde going on as>others have noticed the abrupt changes as well. Personally, I>always use v/s and make my input changes very slowly 100 feet>at a time rather than 1000 and I can manually make it smother>than the A/P. It works for me for now but others have seen>what you said also and it has been mentioned the fde is being>tweaked...>>You mentioned the real plane, are you a T7 pilot? I would>love to have some real pilots to ask questions of. My ITVV>DVD's can only take me so far...>>Welcome,>-Paul>Thanks for replying Paul.No, im enthusiast but i have pilots friends flying T7. I have too many manuals: FCTM, FCOM, QRH and CBT in CD-ROM. My friend (T7 pilot) flied the PSS and making this comment. "The autopilot in PSS have strange and abrupt reactions (V/S, VNAV and HOLD modes). In real airplane this is not happen. In all modes, ALWAYS be smooth reactions".Regards,Ernest.

Guest vcom

Paul.Do you have noticed in LOC/GS mode an "bouncing"? Aircraft swings for left and right. The system not have precision for capture LOC as we have in PMDG737 for example. In PMDG the airplane captures LOC after the dot (LOC) in PFD moves to centre. Result: The airplane before to end of the turn for estabilish in LOC already aligned without "swing" for left or right.Regards,Ernest

Hi Ernest,This has also been reported by a number of people and is under investigation I believe.

Mervyn Edwards

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hi Ernest, Mervyn is correct a lot of others have reported it. Fortunately for me, I do not. She is rock stable and actually has the ability to catch the loc at a very hard angle, overshoot, lose the Loc and come back and catch it again. Typically I see a lot of planes lose the LOC entirely in that situation and never come back. Like I said, i am lucky.I am also primarily flying the -200LR. Which model are your issues with? Are you changing the aircraft.cfg to modify load? I fly at default load of 320.0 empty and 399.6 ZFW. I never modify the .cfg or cruise CG of 30 and everything is stable.Hope that helps,-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest vcom

>Which model are your>issues with? Are you changing the aircraft.cfg to modify>load? I fly at default load of 320.0 empty and 399.6 ZFW. I>never modify the .cfg or cruise CG of 30 and everything is>stable.>Hope that helps,>-PaulHello Paul. :)Im flying only 200LR. Nothing in CFG or AIR was changed.Regards!

Guest vcom

>Hi Ernest,>>This has also been reported by a number of people and is under>investigation I believe.>>I hope! ;-)Ernest.

Personally, I>always use v/s and make my input changes very slowly 100 feet>at a time rather than 1000 and I can manually make it smother>than the A/P. Paul how about altitude capture? Do you also reduce v/s when approaching target altitude? I really wish this bird were smoother in SOME vertical phases - as it is now if I even smoothly command a 2000fpm v/s descent the T7 will abruptly nose up in the last 1000ft before target then more steadily bleed off v/s after that. When this happens it kind of spoils the big jet feel. VNAV and FLCH are usually pretty smooth at the start of a level change but again altitude capture is too abrupt for the higher vertical speed ranges.Lateral modes are great though, a real improvement over the Airbusses.regards,Markhttp://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a319/mar.../sup_banner.jpghttp://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a319/markrey/lsd2.jpgXPHomeSP2/FS9.1/3.2HT/1GIG/X700pro256

Regards,

Mark

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.