Sign in to follow this  
edetroit

PROJECT AIRBUS????

Guest roderic757

Hey everyone... I am just curious to what happend to Project Airbus and when are they coming back... Now I know there was some sort of mess going on over there, which I find to be just ridiculous. My question to the community is what is the deal about repainting FREEWARE aircraft and why is it such a big deal...I have been using FS since 1985...and been involved in the community since the beginning... I am just curious to why is it such a big deal to repaint something that you really like and sharing it with your FS family and why should we be at the mercy of a group of people that feel that they are doing us a favor by creating the Aircraft providing it for our use. I am not here to slander anyone, I just feel that if it is Freeware...than we should be able to do as we please with the repaint as long as the original model was credited just like if we are using POSKY, IFDG, FFG, or Project Fokker..etc.. I think these guys have a grasp of what the community is all about.. Now I totally understand that if it was payware then yes I can see how strict the re-paint policy can be especially if liveries are being painted by the vendor. It would be just awesome if Project Airbus would join the rest of the Freeware groups and lifting its repaint policy to accommadate those who would love to repaint their awesome aircraft and lift some of the weight from them. They will be very surprised how well the community will react to that. And the instant gratification they will receive. This is just a Thought..However hearing that we are creating these aircraft for our benefit and making treats to not share them with the community is not a good way to be in a community that really can have a change of heart no matter how good something can be. I wish them the best and great return. We are a family no matter what so lets work more closely together... Roderic United - Will Stand

Guest Airbus_A340

Hello Ronderic,We shut down the forum a couple of weeks ago because of some nasty people, we will reopen it once we release the Airbus A319.I, as well as many others in the Project Airbus team have been around since the early days of flightsim, so it's not exactly that we don't know what people want, but more of us trying to protect our work.You see, after spending something like a year on a project, all those hours of work that you have put into it, you feel a sense of accomplishment. When you see someone from the flightsim world who paints a livery with low resolution logos, incorrect titles, it's rather demotivating to see our product be presented in such a way, so we restricted our paint policy to us painting it only- for now.We stated that we wanted the V1.0 to have no 3rd party liveries painted on it, with the exception of Virtual Airlines.We have planned for some new ideas to be put into action and that's pretty much what is holding us up. Firstly, the newly updated models of the Airbus A319, A320 and A321 are to come rolling out with a new Virtual Cockpit, dynamic shine, new textures, manuals, airfiles and possibly a sound update. There will be a variety of liveries to be released along with this, plus an updated website, a new UPLOAD system for painters, where we supply paintkits for download, the painters paint the necessary textures, upload them through our upload system, with details of the aircraft, airline, author, etc. then we will pack the aircraft for them with the correct wing textures (out of 4), airfiles, documentation, installation files, upload the aircraft to our website, Avsim, and other major websites for the author. That way repainter spend more time painting and leave the hard work to us. So you see, it is more of an open policy, but there shall be guidlines that the painters have to follow. This should work out with our next release- the A319, which yet has to have its detailed virtual cockpit completed (20% of polygons have been saved since the updating of it which means better frame rates), progress on the Antonov AN124 is underway. After the A320 Family, work on the A310 is expected to continue.I hope this has enlightened you to your queries.Regards

Guest Clement Guivarc h

Thank you for those explanations Trev !I miss your forum, it was a daily ritual of mine to visit the Project Airbus forum :-)That was a cool place :-)../)_/). _ Cl

Guest Lobaeux4

Can't wait for this PA A319!! Been using the PA A320 and it's fantastic.Lobaeux