Sign in to follow this  
Guest lalo lolo1

Rolling rate

Guest lalo lolo1

Guys,I am 99% happy with the product. I have the 772 LR, I find no bugs and everything works like a charm.The only thing that concerns me is the rolling rate, mostly when approaching with full flaps. My understanding is that every AC, and even more if it is a heavy, will be pretty heavy to maneuver when it flyes ay low speed and with flaps extended. I find the 772 to be extremely maneuverable in those conditions, as much as a small plane would do.Has anyone mentioned this problem before and any possible solution? Thanks,Leo

Hi Leo,If you do some searches there has been a lot of mention of that exact thing. Some say she feels like a fighter jet. I am not a real T7 pilot so I have no idea how she would feel in real life but I do know the point has been raised, PSS is researching it and the FDE is being looked at.Heck, if you flew like me you would be very grateful she is that maneuverable right over the threshold LOL it makes for some great last minute saves when you don't line yourself up right in the first place. In all seriousness, I think we would all get a pretty big shock at just how nimble these planes really are. I guarantee you if that famous roll was never done in the first 707 and then someone tried it in FS, everyone would be screaming about how unrealistic it was. Truth is no one ever tried to roll a 777 so who knows... I remember when the 767 was released for FS everyone complained it climbed like a rocket ship at 4000 fpm and then a few real pilots came along and told us it was normal... Who knows...Glad you like her Leo,-PaulPS I do not work for PSS just someone at home with too much time on his hands

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Paul,I have noticed some of the threads you have made comment in and I just wanted to say I wholeheartedly agree with your points. I have been making similar comments whenever I get the chance, but it does seem that some people are totally intent on complaining for the sake of it.How quickly they forget; the 767-300 as I commented on in one thread, when released was virtually unflyable for me, but now its a pleasure to use (after patches). These people are the ones who continually moan about release dates when the products are in development and then moan even more if there are issues to be fixed after release. No consideration is ever given to the point you made regarding differing equipment. As I said I had a nightmare with the LDS product at first, but the T7 is fine with the exception of a few small items that PSS are already aware of.Keep posting!

Mervyn Edwards

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Thanks Mervyn, I really appreciate it. I try to do it with a sort of lighthearted attitude but that gets lost on some. I remember your post about the 767 as well, how quickly we forget...I couldn't agree with you more. The funny thing is I am starting to think there are a lot of us out there who feel like this. Hopefully more of us than the complainers...All the best,-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.