Sign in to follow this  
Viennaman

COLD AND DARK AND DOORS

Hi People,I guess the COLD and DARK option doesnt work - same as the FIX option in the FMC. Is it possible to open the doors seperatly like the 744 of the PMDG.Greeting Marek

Guest JosephSpracklen

Hi Marek,No, the Cold and Dark option works perfectly for me. Whenever I start a flight with my PSS 777 now it is always cold and dark, have had no problems with it. To get it to cold and dark you need to load a flight with it, load up the option window (Shift-8) and then select the cold and dark option. Then end the flight and load up the flight again, you should be cold and dark. If it is not, do not know why. But that option is working for me.Also, no you cannot open the doors individually.ThanksJoseph

So you mean that i have to quit always first the flight and then reload again ????greetings

Guest JosephSpracklen

Here is what should happen:First Time: (Do this once)1. Load FS flight with PSS 7772. Load up PSS setup window (Shift 8)3. Select the "Cold and Dark" Option4. End the flight.ALL future times:1. Load FS flight with PSS 777. -- Engines should now be off --So you should only have to tell the setup file to do cold and dark once. Once you have done that every time you load up the PSS 777 it should be cold and dark. What I was trying to get across was that selecting the cold and dark option, will not change the CURRENT flight, i.e. the engines will not turn off in that flight. But once you have selected the option once, every time you load up from now on they should be off.Hope this is slightly clearerJoseph

>Here is what should happen:>>First Time: (Do this once)>1. Load FS flight with PSS 777>2. Load up PSS setup window (Shift 8)>3. Select the "Cold and Dark" Option>4. End the flight.>>ALL future times:>1. Load FS flight with PSS 777.> -- Engines should now be off -->>So you should only have to tell the setup file to do cold and>dark once. Once you have done that every time you load up the>PSS 777 it should be cold and dark. What I was trying to get>across was that selecting the cold and dark option, will not>change the CURRENT flight, i.e. the engines will not turn off>in that flight. But once you have selected the option once,>every time you load up from now on they should be off.>>Hope this is slightly clearer>>JosephNope sorry this doesn't work at allYves

Joseph,Just a clarification - by 'cold & dark' do you mean flash of power for a couple seconds THEN c&d? Or does it load directly to c&d for you?I always get power/warning then c&d when first loading. My default flight is 'previous flight' so I always start where I last parked. I always select a default a/c before exiting the sim, and also always start at 'create a flight' with that same a/c floating in the window. I then select my a/c of choice in the create a flight screen.regards,Markhttp://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a319/mar.../sup_banner.jpgXPHomeSP2/FS9.1/3.2HT/1024mb/X700pro256

Regards,

Mark

Guest JosephSpracklen

>Joseph,>>Just a clarification - by 'cold & dark' do you mean flash of>power for a couple seconds THEN c&d? Or does it load directly>to c&d for you?>>I always get power/warning then c&d when first loading. My>default flight is 'previous flight' so I always start where I>last parked. >Hi Mark,Yes, I get that Flash of power with the power warning and then it goes to cold and dark.ThanksJoseph

I need help with the cold and dark scenario as well, I have done as suggested, but everytime I load the 777 up, i get the warnings and screens go blank but all the switches on the panel are still set to on or AUTO, even though I have Cold and Dark selected.Any help appreciated,Graham

Guest vicleecy

I expereince the same thing, or probably worse!!...Everytime I start with C&D, I get a flash of screens and number of sirens alarm, then all screens and ENG goes off. It works fine for me with some buttons at AUTO position.HOWEVER, when I select the BATT ON and all buses connected, I got nothing displayed on PFD, EICAS, ND...etc, I must Connnect the GND PWR or START on the APU to get the screen display...Anyone can tell me what did I do wrong?I really need your help, thanks you so much!CheersVictor

Cold and Dark seems to be a bit of a misnomer. I get the sirens and bells crap and then the engines go off (why is this necessary?). Going to the overhead panel the following are setIFE/PASS SEATS - ONCABIN UTILITY - ONAPU GEN - ONL BUS TIE AND R BUS TIE - AUTOWINDOW HEAT - ALL ONAUTOSTART - ONEQUIP COOLING - AUTOGASPER - ONRECIRC FANS UPPER AND LOWER - ONTRIM AIR L AND R - ONISLN BLEED AIR L C R - AUTOLENG AND RENG - ONAPU - AUTOSorry, but this is not cold and dark.--qnhfredgeorgeboriskylienancycindy

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Guest vicleecy

Dear Mark, Alright, then what's the use of the BATT? As I know on the 744 and Airbus 32/33/34, the PFD, ND, EICAS/ECAM can be brought up with ONLY with the BATT ON. I do believe the BATT itself can at least power the displays. Otherwise if APU has to be started, think about it, how can pilot monitor the starting of the APU on the Lower EICAS STAT Page? even the rpm is not rising the pilots do not know! Can you explain more to me? I stand to correct.Regards,Victor>This is normal Victor - the battery alone is not meant to>power systems/displays - you must start apu or connect>external power.>>regards,>Mark>http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a319/mar.../sup_banner.jpg>XPHomeSP2/FS9.1/3.2HT/1024mb/X700pro256

>Dear Mark,>> Alright, then what's the use of the BATT? As I know on the>744 and Airbus 32/33/34, the PFD, ND, EICAS/ECAM can be>brought up with ONLY with the BATT ON. I do believe the BATT>itself can at least power the displays. >> Otherwise if APU has to be started, think about it, how can>pilot monitor the starting of the APU on the Lower EICAS STAT>Page? even the rpm is not rising the pilots do not know!>> Can you explain more to me? I stand to correct.>>Regards,>Valid points Victor, and I have wondered myself :) - I am no aircraft systems expert but I can only surmise that external power must be connected first in order to view the displays and monitor apu start. I have to do this for the PSS777 and the LDS767The PMDG 744 is different - the displays are active when the battery is turned on.I have no idea if any or all these simulations are true to life though - maybe we need to do a little Googling? :)regards,Markhttp://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a319/mar.../sup_banner.jpgXPHomeSP2/FS9.1/3.2HT/1024mb/X700pro256

Regards,

Mark

Guest britair

>>Dear Mark,>>>> Alright, then what's the use of the BATT? As I know on the>>744 and Airbus 32/33/34, the PFD, ND, EICAS/ECAM can be>>brought up with ONLY with the BATT ON. I do believe the BATT>>itself can at least power the displays. >>>> Otherwise if APU has to be started, think about it, how>can>>pilot monitor the starting of the APU on the Lower EICAS>STAT>>Page? even the rpm is not rising the pilots do not know!>>>> Can you explain more to me? I stand to correct.>>>>Regards,>>>Valid points Victor, and I have wondered myself :) - I am no>aircraft systems expert but I can only surmise that external>power must be connected first in order to view the displays>and monitor apu start. I have to do this for the PSS777 and>the LDS767>>The PMDG 744 is different - the displays are active when the>battery is turned on.>>I have no idea if any or all these simulations are true to>life though - maybe we need to do a little Googling? :)>>regards,>Mark>http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a319/mar.../sup_banner.jpg>XPHomeSP2/FS9.1/3.2HT/1024mb/X700pro256 Hi Mark With no ground power available the 757 & 767 Use the Main A/C batts to start the apu with no indications available of the start. There is a start monitor which automatically stops the start sequence in the event of a faultThe normal procedure is as Level D do it and I assume that Boeing won't have changed the procedure for the 777. regards Brian (retired 757/767 approved engineer(BA)) ps The Airbus series do it the same way

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.