Sign in to follow this  
Guest Gordius

Excellent - query re FMS though

Guest Gordius

Hi,thsnks for yet another excellent product, lack of sleep thanks to PSS yet again causing probs staying awake at the office - I suggested they try sueing PSS for making such excellent aircraft ;-) A question re FMC. Seems to work well although I will wait until I get to my 80 hour mark before declaring a definate appraisal :-) When programming the FMC each waypoint shows as DIRECT ---> XYZ and I cannot find a way of entering AIRWAY ---> XYZ which would of course make life a little easier (see fp below)Am I missing something? Can it be done? Been a while but I seem to remember that was possible with your A320 FMC but could have been the DF 737.FP for UUEE to EGLL.UUEE DCT AR 6COR2 BG R11N TU G3 AMDOR G350 ABAGA UM864 KOLJA UM611 CDA UZ701 GORLO UL980 LAMDCT EGLLImporting from FS9 FP or manually entering requires many waypoints to stay on track.Andrew BrownACPChttp://www.gordiusfs.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/192029.png

Hi Andrew,You can indeed enter airways. Straight forward procedure which is shown in the tutorial flight.RegardsMervyn

Mervyn Edwards

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hi Andrew.I read your post and decided to program the fmc and fly the route, The bit you want to know about programming airways is as follows.when you are ready to enter the airways...click RTE, and note that it is a 2 page menu, so click NEXT PAGE, then you will find the format you want. I entered all the details just as you had published them and the fmc accepts them all. You do not enter directs this way, just go to the legs page and add the waypoint you want for that. I stopped the programming at LAM and I will add the star and runway for EGLL onroute when i can work out the winds and stuff needed for a prediction, i am not doing this one online so dont matter if i dont follow procedures for landing runway at EGLL.EnjoyJohn CallejaBAW352

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

Guest Gordius

>Hi Andrew,>>You can indeed enter airways. Straight forward procedure which>is shown in the tutorial flight.>>Regards>Mervyn/me hides in the corner. Ooops rather embarassing. Obviously like a kid with a new toy when I bought it, ran through tutorial as fast as is possible and promptly forgot everything I had read. Sorry, very embarrasing I feel like a right idiot :-)Andrew BrownACPChttp://www.gordiusfs.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/192029.png

Guest Gordius

>Hi Andrew.>I read your post and decided to program the fmc and fly the>route, The bit you want to know about programming airways is>as follows.>when you are ready to enter the airways...>click RTE, and note that it is a 2 page menu, so click NEXT>PAGE, then you will find the format you want. I entered all>the details just as you had published them and the fmc accepts>them all. You do not enter directs this way, just go to the>legs page and add the waypoint you want for that. I stopped>the programming at LAM and I will add the star and runway for>EGLL onroute when i can work out the winds and stuff needed>for a prediction, i am not doing this one online so dont>matter if i dont follow procedures for landing runway at>EGLL.>Enjoy>John Calleja>BAW352Thanks John. I must apologise for having to ask. I actually work in IT and the number of times I have criticised a customer for not RTFM I have lost count of. Time to send myself an email ..Dear Andrew,RTFMRegards,Me.Just off to find a hole to hide in .....Andrew BrownACPChttp://www.gordiusfs.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/192029.png

Guest Phoenix 1

John Calleja ???Your name Sounds Maltese John ... where are ya ?

Guest Mariner

>You do not enter directs this way, just go to the legs page and add the waypoint you want for that.In fact you can enter waypoints that are not an integral part of a published airway on the RTE page. Just enter the waypoint in the right hand column and DIRECT will automatically appear in the left hand column.Dave Howells

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.