Sign in to follow this  
victorlima01

Minor display issue with ND. Please assist

Hello guys. This week I tried flying the 777 again after many issues which I had and that are now mainly solved. Since these issues affected directly the airworthiness of the bird I had yet not posted some other minor problems I encountered which did not need immdeiate attention. Now that I can fly I have noticed that in my ND I am not seeing curved magenta lines in waypoints that are not "fly-over" (the vast majority). When they do appear when I have plan selected the magenta lines breaks up as the curve forms itself.Can anyone tll me if I'm the only one with this problem and if there are plans to fix it? I'm not really worried about. Just would be nice to have the curved lines. I know... I tend to pay a lot of attention to details. But that's what ultimately defines the truly great add-ons don;t you concur?Best Regards,Victor Lima

Hello. I have now waited patiently for 5 days for a response by PSS. I would like a comment on the above findings. Please don't post "email them" because I have already tried and as usual here was no response. I don't mean to be whiner, I would just like to make this product better. Could someone tell me if you're having the same display issues as I do? Best Regards,Victor Limaedited for spelling

Thanks Miguel. I just wish someone from PSS could confirm this will be as a matter of fact addressed in the patch. While they are at it, they could also try to make the ND look more like actual Boeing NDs. In my opinion the letters are too small and the magenta line is too thin. I hate to mention it but they could be inspired by a couple of other developers who have it down perfectly. And in the same token other developers could also be inspired by PSS's modeling of the FMC. In my opinion, the fonts and the layout look absolutely fantastic. It was the first thing I noticed in the 777 wich made me think they're in the right track. I hope PSS understands I'm saying this in the best of intentions and that I don't mean to be rude. I just think that the ND could look better and although I'm no programmer it doesn't seem like an impossible task.Best Regards,Victor Lima

Guest NormanB

Victor,I've been away for the past week so not yet up to speed on the status of the patch so am unable to answer your specifics.I have to be honest though and say I've never heard any issues about the thickness of the magenta line or the sizing of the lettering.

Fair enough. Thansk for the reply Norman. I understand that this is an entriely subjective and personal matter. Just thought I'd share my view about it. Anyway, when you have some time would you please look into the magenta line's failure to curve?Best Regards,Victor Lima

Guest NormanB

Victor,I'm not quite following what you are saying. I have seen many curves on the Magenta line. Just now I can picture the Tailem Bend departure from Adelaide and it certainly has curves in it.

Hey Norman, I was just doing a flight when I decided to go for my altn airport and when I executed the altn in the FMC one such idplay issue with the magenta lin's curve happened to appear. I captured the image and will upload it as soon as I learn howBest Regards,Victor LimaEDIT: Because I learned how and here it is ;)

Guest Phoenix5

Hi Victor,I will try and reproduce the "problem" on my system.edited to add:I have just completed several flights, where I diverted to an ALTN.So far I have not been able reproduce the situation that you have shown. In all 3 flights I done tonight I activate the divert, it produced a line from ppos to the ALTN nominated, and the aircraft responded as required.I will ask the other beta testers if they have seen this or if they can reproduce it, but at the moment I can not offer you a solution.Regards,

Thank you for trying Steven. There's something I noticed that might be meaningful. When I activated the altn it happened to be some 40 NM behind me in 7 to 8 o'clock position. From my understanding the ND tried to draw a cuved line towards it but failed to do so for whatever reason. I hope I'm not the only having such problems. And I still cannot get any propoer curved lines in SIDS STARS etc. When there's an angle between the courses to/from a fix, the lines do not curve gently, they are abrupt like in the 2002 version of the 777. I will also shortly post a picture showing you. However don't sweat about that one since it's really no big deal. Would be nice to have it, but if not that's ok..Regards,Victor Lima

Guest Daniel Pimentel

Hmmm... What route are you flying? At what specific point do you divert, and to where? This info might help the staff reproduce the problem.Daniel P.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpgMember of SJU Photography. [A HREF=http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=9004]Click Here[/A] to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!The official psychotic AA painter. :)

I was flying from KMIA to SBGR (sao paulo - Brazil) level @ FL350 on the airway UL795. I diverted to SVJC. However, I don;t think this will help much since this is not an isloated problem nor a problem that occurs only when I'm diverting. Rather, what seems to be the case is that everytime my ND has to draw a curved line something goes amiss. Best Regards,Victor Lima

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.