Sign in to follow this  
Guest DaveI

777 with FS flightplan

Guest DaveI

Hi All/PSS I have tried this out several times and it always happens so there is something odd going on. I have been flying the 777 with an FS flightplan running alongside to use FS ATC. If I save the flight( or miss a handover and FS cancells IFR) and then reload it to resume FS ATC always gives a vector instruction to turn 180 deg back on track, instead of the required direction onwards on track.It then of course nags expedite,expedite every 20 seconds until obeyed. The 777 is not saving its position/heading properly so FS knows where/how to direct it laterally when a flight is resumed. THe ATC direction with regard to altitude is as per standard. Is this effect as a result of the "Known Issue"regarding "save flight"

I think that is an FS issue. That is why I stopped flying IFR routes with ATC a long time ago. I just listen along to see who else is in the area. FSATC is really bad...Can't wait for RC4 if what I read is true,-PaulSelf BuiltLiquid CooledAMD 4000+ San Diego @ 2.64Asus A8NSLI-Premium2 gigs Corsair XMS CL2Dual 7800 GTX OC 515/1325 (NON-SLI)Dell 24 inch widescreenDual Samsung 930B 19" LCDDual Maxtor SATA 120 GIG Raid-0SB Audigy 2 ZShttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlSelf BuiltLiquid CooledAMD 64 3400+2 Gigs Kingston HyperX DDR4006800GTOCRaid-0 Dual SATA Maxtor 120 Gig Hd's

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest DaveI

Thanks both for the reply. It seems that the problem occurrs if the FS flightplan crashes or is cancelled.I saved a flight last evening with the ATC/Flightplan active and (other than the known 777 issues) is started up and resumed O.K. It must therefore be an FS issue......er... maybe.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.