Sign in to follow this  
JETSET843D

Features of the 'Patch'

Hello!I was just wondering if there are any more details about the patch yet, in particular, the features that the patch will fix?I for one have had to ground my 777 because it seems to be very unstable in both the descent and approach phases of flight! Unfortunately for me i seem to read in envy of all the other simmers out there who seem to have the aircraft flying perfectly! Initially when PSS announced their new products - yes products! I was very excited and thought they could redee, themselves after, what in my opinion, was the disater what was the A330/A340. Unfortunately not! You will all be happy to know i won't be mentioning the 757 becasue i have decided to wait for another add on company who i'm well aware will do the 757 justice!I've had my moan, and would be obliged for any information regarding the what would be included in the patch.RegardsJames

Thank you John for your answer, and also for the lack of sarcasm for which i deserved for my post!RegardsJames

Guest Pilot53

I am very dissapointed to see that the problem with control surfaces moving with hydraulics off is not on the list. This plane is just just not up to par with the other addons of its time period, but it has the potential to be.

Guest NormanB

I'm missing the point. I truly am. Why why why would you even want to be moving the control surfaces knowing that there is no power?Very dissapointing would be if the control surfaces didnt move with power.

Norman, you said that the new FDE would be released before the patch. Any info about it (improved behaviour, performance, abrupts reactions...)?Thanks.Miquel Egea.

Norman,The point is that it's really just another feature, an fs evolutionary step if you will, like rolling wheels, static wicks, transparent lenses, hydraulic lines in gear assemblies, etc etc. It's all about simulation after all, immersing and fooling the MIND with not just the seen but the unseen. Just knowing it works like the real thing enhances realism for many.This is just one of those realism enhancing intangibles that has been modelled by even freeware designers for years now, and was therefore expected in a high end package.Personally speaking I'm sufficiantly immersed by the other great aspects of the package to really notice, but that's just me.regards,Markhttp://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a319/mar.../sup_banner.jpghttp://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a319/markrey/lsd2.jpgXPHomeSP2/FS9.1/3.2HT/1GIG/X700pro256

Regards,

Mark

Guest Pilot53

"Why why why would you even want to be moving the control surfaces knowing that there is no power?"To see if they work like on the real plane, and they dont.

Guest Phoenix 1

>To see if they work like on the real plane, and they dont.But yes they do ........ Any "real pilot" would definiteley NOT attempt to move the controls without power as it can cause major problems so why even try ??This point is finished in my opinion, the "bug" is just so minor and unimportant not to warrant any further response from PSS. I would also like to add (with intentional humour), that several other "real world" features were also not modelled.. -Tyres do not visibly deflate when punctured-overhead lockers are modelled empty-Cabin Crew do not appear at doors when opened-etc etc Please... be reasonable