Sign in to follow this  
Guest RobOlson

"Bobbing" on descent

Guest RobOlson

I have noticed that on the 777-300ER, that when I am descending, the aircraft nose tends to slightly move up and down, thus giving it a "bobbing effect." Any ideas?

I noticed it too ;) and of course the problem of touching pints that is solved in the revious post is just a patch that i hope will be solved with a PSS patch as i dontlike to play or modify files;)

Guest matsuman

I just want to share my own.I don't see this problem on my 773ER, in fact this is the most stable flight model when it comes to descent profile when using the MCP command or the FMC. The speed and altitude command are on the money, all the way to intercepting the localizer to final.I've read "jet fighter" climb/descent issue with PSS 777 model on the forum and have not experienced it.I have the following aircraft:B777LR WorldLinerB777ER Air France,ANA,JAL,Emirates,EVA and SINSystem:P4 3.5 HT6800 GT NVidia graphic2.0 ghz of memory21 inch flat monitor 1600x1400 CH Pro PedalGo Flight MCP, Gear and UtilityAETI Yoke and Throttle gearThanks,Kin M.(KLAX)

I don't really get a "bobbing" as much as the PSS T7-300ER is rather "abrupt" at changing its attitude when following its descent profile. All I know is that the flight better have a big supply of barf bags for all the passengers getting sick in the back!! That would be one heck of a wild ride in the last few rows. Its not too bad, and I'm sure PSS will smooth out the flight model with updates, the always have in the past. Now I can get the T7-300ER to "bob" when I crank up to 4x time compression and Activesky is processing weather changes. For a real "hoot" try 8x or 16x, and then crank down to 4x. Tried it a couple of times just to see what would happen. Man, talk about losing 20,000 feet in a hurry!!! Anyway, that's just "playing" and not flying the jet in a realistic manner.BestBill"Do not spin this aircraft. If the aircraft does enter a spin it will return to earth without further attention on the part of the aeronaut." - first handbook issued with the Curtis-Wright flyer.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.