Sign in to follow this  
Guest Phoenix 1

re -- "What a hassle Thread"

Well I've tried to get a refund by sending an e-mail but was given a negative answer. That's fair enough and I have to accept that but it's a rather short-term thinking. There are providers out there using a different approach. The nice thing about purchasing any product through Flight1 is their refund policy. With them it's not even necessary to have a problem with the product. If you don't like what you've got just let them know and you'll get your money back. That's what I call customer service and it just proves that there are other ways !!Roland

Guest Phoenix 1

With respect..Every refund request is treated individually and although I dont recall your own case specifically Yes we do refuse refunds requests ... This normally happens though when someone simply says"I want a refund cos I bought your plane and now dont like it"Well sorry .... but in this case .. TOUGH !requests with genuine problems WILL be refunded, we do it regularly

Guest quiet1

That could have been handled in an email

Guest Knikolaes

I do not know what country most folks here are from, but where I live it is against the law to receive a refund for any software that has been opened or gained access to by the consumer unless it is for a cause such as scratch in the surface of the disc, faulty file (corrupt), etc. -- and when that case comes up, still no refunds, but rather an exchange for the same item off the shelf.At least that's Colorado law . . . . Although I know of one poster in this thread, and I will not name names, who seems to scream "refund" in every add-on developer's thread all over the internet and especially around AVSIM. It's patterns like that which drive developers to the types of suspicion that makes it hard for those that actually DO have issues to get compensation for their product issues.Piracy is piracy. Handing over some cash then demanding it back on almost every product you "buy" is STILL piracy.

Well, it's all down to the company's policy, but I doubt that they will give refunds because the product has "bugs", since a patch is on the works...he should have waited for the reviews before purchasing IMO.

This is part of the returns law in Australia. May apply to other countries depending on their policies.i dont think this applys for electronic mediaConsumers are legally entitled to refund if the goods purchased:* are defective, eg. they don

Guest Knikolaes

Sounds like Australia makes sense on that law. It' pretty much that way in many countries. The local laws where I live are the way they are for software because it was suggested by law enforcement to do so. A shirt, for instance . . . can't be pirated. If you buy a shirt and the seams fall apart quickly, then stores around here are very quick to resolve the issue.Unfortunately, with software it is a different story. Every day folks buy software, take it home, burn it to their own disks or hard drive and take the original back to the store. I've even seen folks purposefully scratch the disk surface and say it wa that way when they opened it.I think the store was being VERY nice (I worked Security at the store I am speaking of in this case) and gave them a receipt for an exchange, so the couple -- looking not happy that they didnt get their money back -- took home another game. The next day when a different manager was on duty the same couple came back and tried again to return THAT software as well. I guess they didn't recognize me (I was loss prevention, so I wore regular clothes and acted like a "shopper" all day waiting to bust shoplifters).Least to say I went up to the manager and pulled him aside and explained the situation. Immediately we took the couple to the back and put a little scare into them -- making it clear we COU&LD prosecute for software piracy. We let em go, but they never showed up at that store again.I guess the point here is that piracy is what makes laws about software MUCH different. People expect the same policies on software as they would a shirt, but you can't take the shirt home and "copy" it, unless you watch a lot of Star Trek and managed to build your own replicator.With the experiences I have seen concerning piracy, the laws DO need to be more strict on software exchanges and -- yes -- in the United States stores ARE allowed to place "no refunds" on software -- for cash. The buyer IS entitled to a replacement copy of the SAME software title in the case of damage, but the buyer is expected to know if the software will work on their machine.In the case of bugs and patches, that falls under the "we'll fix that for you" clause. Th buyer is not entitled to a refund, but they ARE entitled to repair -- and as long as the company is ACTIVELY working on a patch, then the company is indeed staying in their contract of sale.Least to ay, PSS mentioned in this thread that they do give refunds on a case to case basis. Doing so, PSS is going above and beyond customer service and are VERY good to do so, at the risk of loss due to scams like I mentioned above. I admit I bought a couple of add-ons that were MAJOR disappointments. I will not mention them here because this isn't the place, but in general I ended up with an AC where the autopilot was majorly screwed up and the dynamics were worse than a flying garbage scow. I did complain to the company and they informed me they were working on a patch. I waited . . .although for 3 months -- and the patch DID release eventually. It worked and now the add-on is decent, even though the graphics still suck on it.The point there is the company, though losing any of my future business, did come through with their end of the deal and repaired the product.If folks want to be advocates for refunds for software, kill off all the pirates and we might be able to get that privilidge back again.The only pirating that should be allowed is dressing in an outfit with a cutlass, going to your local ren fair and chasing the girls . . . not that . . I ever . . . do that . . . .

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.