Sign in to follow this  
Guest matsuman

Model and the liveries...

Guest matsuman

I'm surprise that there are many "fictitious" livery repaints out there that are for the 777-200ER.Outstanding repaints such as American Airlines, Continental, Delta, etc...who doesn't even fly the 777-200LR.Then you have these...future 777LR cargo planes which we don't even know what the tail registration number be.My point is, there are a lot of B777-200ER fans out there who love painting their carriers and maybe it would have been greatto have the PSS package as 777 in general (B777-200, B777-300, B777-200ER, B777-200LR and B777-300ER).I don't know about some of our simflyers out there, but i fly my FS planes based on the actual model and the carriers that fly it.Don't get me wrong, the 777LR and 773ER are great for payware and I am glad that they did it. The 777LR and 773ER will replace the 744 in the next coming years for long haulers. In fact the ANA 773ER are frequent visitor in LAX now and will probably see JAL and EVA next year.Anyway, just my two cents. Happy Holidays,Kin M.(KLAX)

Kin,I kind of agree, but by adding the "earlier" versions of the 777, you do add a lot of complexity to the release. You would have to add RR & PW models and their corresponding .air and aircraft files. The 200LR and 300ER are in many ways more of a change than adding wingtips and slinging GE90's under the wings. All this would add to the development and the corresponding cost of the release.BestBill"The pilot who teaches himself has a fool for a student." --- Robert Livingston,

Guest GrantM

I fictionalize the fictitious 772LR liveries as just 772 liveries, afterall, flight simulation is essentially "pretend", that allows me greater enjoyment of the hobby and prevents over-seriousness, which is such a spoiler.;-)GrantM

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.