Sign in to follow this  
Guest troyboy66

Repaints, Help!!!

Guest troyboy66

OK, I have done some repaints for PMDG and have never done one for PSS. I'd like to, but reading the repaint instructions is like reading french. I don't speak french but I guess I need some help understanding what I'm reading. Can anyone help...please?I'm using Adobe Photoshop CS2. ThanksTroy

Guest NormanB

Troy,Which part are you having difficulty with?

Guest troyboy66

Well, I'm not quite sure where to begin..I open the image into Photoshop, lets say the MAIN part; DO i just start painting the BACKGROUND part? Is it ok if the paint overlaps the image? How do I get the TOP and BOTTOM parts to match up? When painting the BACKGROUND section, does painting on the wing section affect the wing at all? ALso, I'm guessing that once I'm done, I have to convert to Bitmap, right?I guess we can start here...ThanksTroy

Guest Trans_601

Painting PSS' products are no different than painting any one elses. It sounds like you don't really know how to paint, your best bet is to go to www.gjsmith.net and check out Garry's excellent tutorials.

Guest NormanB

Troy,Joe has mentioned Garry's tutorials. They are good and there are others available which cover the same things in Paintshop Pro.Take a look at one of them and it will answer questions you have asked and give pointers to things you had not yet considered.If you paint outside of the aircraft shape the excess paint wont be shown. You would need to save the resulting file as a bitmap.

Guest troyboy66

Thanks guys, thats all I needed to know. You have answered my question...Troy

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.