Sign in to follow this  
Guest vodka69

wing view

Guest vodka69

hello,There is not a wing view for the new 777LR??thanks

Guest Daniel Pimentel

This has been covered several times... No. Not unless you have Walk & Follow anyways. Not that you'd want to see these wings, the few shots I've seen of them make my eyes bleed. :-lol They're evidently meant for spot view, not wing view.Daniel P.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpgMember of SJU Photography. [A HREF=http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=9004]Click Here[/A] to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!The official psychotic AA painter. :)

Could you be more specific about what you mean by that statement 'make my eyes bleed'?Greg

Greg Clark

Guest Daniel Pimentel

I don't like how the wings look from up close. They're extremely rough, evidently not meant to be viewed from up close. They do the job from spot view, but not from the wing views.Daniel P.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpgMember of SJU Photography. [A HREF=http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=9004]Click Here[/A] to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!The official psychotic AA painter. :)

Guest Ruahrc

I'd really like to see wing views added in the patch. Wing views could almost be considered a "staple" of heavy iron since they are so common on freeware and payware aircraft? I know since I use ActiveCamera I use them a lot, not sure if many others do too. Also, since I always have trouble using VC's for heavy iron, I fly from the 2D panel and then hop over the wing for some nice views on those long-hauls.I know it's possible to add them, and IMO there's a clear need/want from the userbase- so please seriously consider adding wingviews into the patch. I'd even take a wingviews only (no VC) model alternative, since I never use the VC anyways.As it stands now I plan on merging the PSS panel to the Meljet aircraft because I want wingviews and don't use the VC anyways. But my 777 is hangared in wait of the patch so I don't use it.Ruahrc

Guest NormanB

Ruahrc,I personally have never been a fan of wing views, or indeed anything that a real pilot can't see from his office. Flushing toilets etc all carry a frame rate hit.That said, one of my best friends loves wing views. I've even seen him take a virtual seat and fly from a window seat - it just doesn't do it for me since I prefer to be the pilot rather than the passenger :)In regards to "will there be a wingview" - this would not fall in the remit of a patch. A patch is to fix things that are broken. There was never meant to be a wing view, therefore its not broken.Sorry I can't give you the answer you want.

Guest Claudius

i also would like to have a wing view. i would even pay for it, like for an addon.I want to see flaps move during approach and stuff on replay.Tastes are different, some like it, some dont.I just think, that PSS can do such an excellent job with its planes a good wing view should be "a piece of cake" to do for PSS. Maybe just sell them for 5$.

Guest ntsmith

If you want to see how wing views SHOULD work get the Level D 767. Wing views are great specialy with flexi-wings on landings. OK you don't have to use them while flying the bird but its interesting to see what the pax are seeing. PSS really do not seem to be listening to what the consumers are saying.Kind regardsNigel Thomas-Smith

Guest NormanB

>PSS really>do not seem to be listening to what the consumers are saying.Nigel,Are you also saying that (for example) PMDG dont listen as well?We made a design consideration. Wing views were amongst a list of features we polled amongst randomly selected users. For most users, frame rates win every time, its as simple as that.

Guest ntsmith

Well, if your read PMGD's forum messages - guess you do, then I think you will see they also have not used wing views in their latest 747 aircraft and many users are requesting it.The Level-D 767 does, is still frame rate frendly, is (I guess) technicaly more advanced than any other simulation I currently know of and is about the best value.Design consideration - I agree but it is also a commercial one. That is. Does creating a wing view mean for the amount we are paying out warrant the number of extra customers it will bring in.IMHO. the answer is simple. Make it an option for those that do want it.Kind regardsNigel Thomas-Smith

Guest Ruahrc

I agree maybe the option would be nice. I have seen numerous products from other developers who have optional wingviews in their models. This way those who think wingviews are a waste of fps can ditch them. Those who think VC is a waste of fps can ditch it too.I understand the original reason for ditching it but considering the number of people who have asked about it- would it not be a good thing to put in the patch? But maybe you should focus on more important things first like making the plane flyable.Ruahrc

Guest NormanB

Nigel,In many places I have mentioned I am a simmer first and foremost, so yes, I read the PMDG (and other) forums in support of addons I too am a customer of.Im not alone in the team and I am sure its the same with other developers where we are all users.Whilst I can't speak for other developers, I know that we currently have no plans to add a wing view.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.