Sign in to follow this  
cyb4

Display Error when loading Virtual Cockpit

Hi,using the 777 with VC I have some trouble with the display. As you can see on the attached screenshot below, if I touch with the mouse cursor one of the clickable switches or buttons of the 2-D-Cockpit, in the lower half of the display opens temporary another part of the cockpit (here Overhead Panel). When I move the curor away, it is ok again. That bug doesn't happen when I load a 777 without the VC. I use an Athlon 2600 with 1.25GB Ram, WinXP Home NVidia FX5600 256MB Ram and the newest drivers. Any ideas?

Guest brand_da_man

I had the same thing happen to me when i updated my drivers. I had to download a new driver and now it works fine.Brandon

Guest NormanB

Sorry Chris,I didnt see your post first time around.Brandon is correct though - its a video driver issue. Newest isnt always best.

I thought, I got the newest NVidia Driver; but I will look for a better one and report, if the problem is solved.Thx

Hi Norman. I checked it out. I have had the newest NVidia driver installed, also with that is the problem. That problem is also there with an elder NVidia driver. Is there a elder driver version, you can recommend?Best regards

Guest NormanB

Chris,Im not at the FS PC just now so cant recall which driver I use except its ancient :)

Guest Knikolaes

hey Chris, I think ya misunderstood Norman there -- Newest is NOT always best. I have that issue someties as well (or at least I did when running ATI) -- you might actually want to try rolling back to an OLDER driver and see if that actually fixes the issue :-) Hopefuolly you do what i do and save the last 5 versions of any driver download That was I can rolll back a few versions if I have to in order to make sure it is not a driver version issue to rule that out.**smiles**Merry Christmas.

Guest NormanB

Exactly Chris. I had hoped that my himt of "ancient" would have given the game away.

Guest Knikolaes

We'll blame it on the snow here :-)

Hi,problem is solved with a old driver from March 2004. I installed NVidia 6.6.7.2 Display driver and now it is ok with my FX5600 graphic adapter.Thanks for your helpChris

Guest NormanB

Great news Chris. I think thats the driver I have on one of my machines too.As I said, newest is not always best!

Guest Knikolaes

>Hi,>>problem is solved with a old driver from March 2004. I>installed NVidia 6.6.7.2 Display driver and now it is ok with>my FX5600 graphic adapter.>>Thanks for your help>>Chris Awesome! Grats! Now get the heckoff this foruma nd go FLY!!!Yes, I am a hipocr . . oh however ya spell it **laughs**Take care, friend.

Sign in to follow this