Sign in to follow this  
Guest RobertK

A thank you to PSS

Guest RobertK

I just had my first long-range flight with the PSS 777, my first divert in, uh, a long time, and only my second full-autoland this year.The flight from Gatwick to Vc Bird (Antigua and Barbuda) was fairly uneventful, with only a few problems I noticed with the 777 (most notably the wrong ETAs on the PROG page).However, as there was zero visibility with rain at my destination TAPA, and this airport has no ILS, I had to divert 60 miles to the South, to Le Raizet (Guadeloupe), which has an ILS.Now I don't usually do full autolands right down to touchdown, and it was only my second flight overall with the PSS T7, thus I was quite anxious about this one.However, this plane performed flawlessly and I touched down safely, with the runway coming in sight at a whopping 40ft AGL. :)Thank you, PSS, for a great product, an enjoyable flight and a safe landing in a (at least for me) non-standard situation.Best Regards,RobertP.S.: This is how it looked after landing:http://moose.cc/~zarlock/phpnuke/html/images/shot30.jpg

Sign in to follow this