Sign in to follow this  
Guest mrkenco

B777 Gauges - Will not load (For Christmas)

Guest mrkenco

Having purchased a copy of bt B777 along with a copy of FS2004 I am am hving some what difficulty in getting it to workEvery time you click ok after selecting the B777 aircraft in the aircraft selection panel. The message 'Flight simulator was unable to load some aircraft or software. You can continue using flight simulator but this aircraft or software will be disabled.GAUGESPSS-B777.GAU' You can not then get out of this as every time you click ok, it displays the same message again.The PSS-B777 gauges file is 63,632 bytes created on 7/11/05I have tried reloading it all along with updating the video drivers & Direct X all to no avial. I have even emailed Phoenix support but they have not replied.As I need this working for the 25th I would be greatful if anyone could help or suggest what I am doing wrong ?

Have you installed any other third party aircraft? Also, if you recently purchased FS2004, I don't know if it included the FS9 patch. Sounds like there is some conflict with existing files.Also, you are supposed to select the FS9 default flight before selecting the PSS 777,have you tried this?Ron

Ron Service

Guest NormanB

Mr Kenko,I replied shortly after I got your email.Can you email me direct using norman@ instead of support.Thanks.

Guest shnewsman

i had the same problem, but not until it had been installed and flying fine for several weeks. suddenly started CTD when trying to load that particular plane. i reinstalled it and that seemed to cure problem. however; i previously ran fs panel studio gauge cleaner and that may have taken out a gauge or two.sean hall

Guest mrkenco

This faulty has now been resolved, thanks to the excellent efforts of Norman.For all those people who are reading this at some future point in time trying to get theirs to work, the solution & problem is simple.B777 requires GDIIf you run windows 2000, this operating system does not come with GDI included. XP does. Hence if you are running windows 2000 & have not specifically installed GDI, then the fault described will occur. To fix it, it is simple, down load GDI from Microsoft, install it and then all is instantly ok.

Guest NormanB

Thanks for your kind words Mr Kenko. I hope that whoever this airfraft is for (I understand its a Christmas present) that they have many enjoyable hours with it.

Good work guys,glad you were able to solve his problem in time for Christmas.Ron

Ron Service

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.