Sign in to follow this  
qnh

No more liveries?

If you had omitted the middle part of your original post then I would suggest it would not have been locked. If you have a gripe with PSS take it up by email, this is a support forum, I don't wish to have to wade through your rants about pricing policies on my way to resolving a technical issue. If you don't like the pricing, then exercise your right not to buy. If you have already bought then it is obvious that you have accepted the pricing policy.--qnh

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Guest AerLingusFan

>If you had omitted the middle part of your original post then>I would suggest it would not have been locked. If you have a>gripe with PSS take it up by email, this is a support forum, I>don't wish to have to wade through your rants about pricing>policies on my way to resolving a technical issue. If you>don't like the pricing, then exercise your right not to buy.>If you have already bought then it is obvious that you have>accepted the pricing policy.>>--qnhSorry for the inconvenience? Not really but had you read my post properly you'd see that I was complaining about their policy of charging for liveries and the price for those liveries. I'm happy with the price of the base package but not the fact that I must pay extra for liveries. And if you have any common sense you wouldn't go into a topic titled 'No more liveries?' if you were intent on resolving a technical issue with your product.

Jame hi m8 interrested in a Lingus one before Christmas lol ;-)AS for the que I'm open for suggestions finished NWA and ArkeFly... just need to repack that stuff...Andr

André

Guest Trans_601

Andre, want a challenge? How about Wunala Dreaming?

Guest jinzo012

Wunala sounds wonerful, I second that!and a KLM NC wouldn't be bad, maybe with a little dirt.Cheers

Guest AerLingusFan

>Jame hi m8 interrested in a Lingus one before Christmas lol>;-)>>AS for the que I'm open for suggestions finished NWA and>ArkeFly... just need to repack that stuff...>>Andr

Guest NormanB

James,You are completely incorrect in your assumption.PSS do not frown upon uploaded liveries - quite the opposite. We positively encourage them. Prior to release of the 777 I also revisited the wording of our policy which some found ambiguous or misleading, changing it to also invite repaints of liveries we offer commercially.Furthermore an email address was setup which people can send their repaints to - this is sent to the whole team to ensure as fast a reaction as possible.Still think we frown upon it?

Guest jinzo012

Quote from the "Paintkit Instruction Textfile" --- ""please note any repaints created for PSS Aircraft MUST NOT be uploaded to any other website other than PHOENIX OWN User Edits Page(.) Failure to comply will constitute a breach of PSS Copyright !""mm hm

Guest AerLingusFan

>James,>>You are completely incorrect in your assumption.>>PSS do not frown upon uploaded liveries - quite the opposite. >We positively encourage them. >>Prior to release of the 777 I also revisited the wording of>our policy which some found ambiguous or misleading, changing>it to also invite repaints of liveries we offer commercially.>>Furthermore an email address was setup which people can send>their repaints to - this is sent to the whole team to ensure>as fast a reaction as possible.>>Still think we frown upon it?Well Norman yes I do still think this when I see a repaint topic above this one saying the following from one of your collegues:"PLEASE DO NOT UPLOAD REPAINTS DIRECT TO THE AVSIM LIBRARY"So how exactly is this encouraging people to upload to servers like Avsim?

Guest NormanB

James,Please keep the goalposts in one place. Originally you said we frowned upon repaints. Not so.Now you infer that the above discourages repaints?All we ask is that they are sent to us for hosting in the most natural place that our users would look for repaints - the very place they purchased the aircraft.To have them spread around the many file libraries (AVSIM, surclarro, fs, etc) that are available to our hobby simply dilutes things and makes searching so much more difficult; this way if a paint exists it should be here. Exceptions are of course made on a case by case basis for virtual airlines since they already have a target audience looking for a specific paint.

Guest AerLingusFan

Well thanks very much for locking my topic Norman! I saw no reason for you to do so but obviously you thought that people having an opinion about your pricing system was some sort of a threat in this forum? "Our pricing model differs completely to other add on developers. Buy a base aircraft and use only free liveries that we host from the community and compare that to the much higher prices charged by others I think you will find it hard to argue that what we offer is anything but a good deal."You said it!I'd appreciate if this topic wasn't closed as I did ask in my original post that people who are possibly painting but aren't posting any previews to do so.Cheers,James

Guest AerLingusFan

>James,>>Please keep the goalposts in one place. Originally you said>we frowned upon repaints. Not so.>>Now you infer that the above discourages repaints?>>All we ask is that they are sent to us for hosting in the most>natural place that our users would look for repaints - the>very place they purchased the aircraft.>>To have them spread around the many file libraries (AVSIM,>surclarro, fs, etc) that are available to our hobby simply>dilutes things and makes searching so much more difficult;>this way if a paint exists it should be here. >>Exceptions are of course made on a case by case basis for>virtual airlines since they already have a target audience>looking for a specific paint.Seen as yet again one of my posts was deleted, for the most stupidest reason known to man which I can only guess is that PSS don't like having bad opinions on this forum, I'll post it again.And like I said in my previous post(that was deleted)Norman i'd suggest you get your facts straight because I never once said that PSS frowned upon repaints being uploaded but that they frowned upon repaints being uploaded to servers like Avsim. For you to say that it would be difficult to get a repaint from the likes of Avsim or Flightsim.com is such a lame excuse. The majority of flightsimmers navigate through these file libraries everyday and its very easy for people to find repaints for addons like the LDS 767, PMDG 737/747, Aerosim Classic Liners, Flight1 ATR, just to name a few, so why should it be difficult to find PSS repaints?I'm not saying that there shouldn't be a 'User Edits' section because it is quite handy having the repaints in the one place but I personally think that forcing people to use this is discouraging the from making and uploading liveries.

Guest NormanB

James,PSS welcomes both constructive criticism as well as good comments, however the primary aim of this forum is support.Please also remember the basic guidelines we have here. In short:* Be nice* Sign your posts* Its a support forumYou are entitled to your opinion but I know I can name, without any thought, 10 popular file libraries for FS. I wouldnt care to consider how many there are in total. By keeping repaints in user edits, which you admit is a good idea, it saves any hunting at all.Therefore thats one element of the policy that is not changing.

Guest Trans_601

I agree with the way PSS have it. If I want to look for new liveries, I don't have to spend an hour looking all over the net at dozens of simming sites. I know where to go straight away, simple as that. Something like this shouldn't cause this much of a fuss anyway!

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.