Sign in to follow this  
johnk51

Autoland KDEN

Twice I've tried an autoland on 16R at KDEN. Both times at approx 100' the plane rolls hard left. I have to disengage the autopilot and end up on the taxiway or grass. The first time was a few weeks ago in 2D view. Today was in vc view, and I've reinstalled the base pack with the new load manager and fuel planner. I have imaginations KDEN.ECS N2u400-A MotherboardNForce 2 biosAMD +2600 fsb 3331gig ddr pc3200 ram 2x512 sticks80gig Maxtor 7200rpm Hard driveAsylum FX5600 128mg ultra video cardNivida latest driverSB Audigy 2 value with latest driversWindows XP Home SP2 with all updatesbuilt in LAN with cable modemAcer 40x cd romKypermedia 8x DVD+r/RWI've done autolands at KSFO with no problems and FlyTampa's KSFO. Any ideas? I might try a 34L landing or 17L/35R landing to see if it's just with 16R.

John K

Guest diajohn2

You may be using a bad or old AFCAD. Does the right frequency show up on the FMC?

The autoland works perfect until about 50'. Haven't had time to test on other rwys yet.

John K

Has the same issue approaching LLBG ILS12everything went smooth but at approx 100' feet the plane did GA and turned left very sharp into land... Any idea ?(Havent tried it on other rwys)

Guest spookymufu

same thing always happens to me too, the last one was at EHAM, I havent been able to land the 777 on autopilot once, the plane does fine untill about 200-100ft AGL then it rolls and splat.....

Just did an autoland at KSEA with no problems. Maybe it's because denver is so high.

John K

Guest Lukas Mako

Interresting.I also flew at KDEN. I flew already 20-30 flights with this plane. And at KDEN after departure reaching 1500AGL the Thrust did not retarded. The FMC jumped to "CLB" and the EICAS also showed it. But the AT was still in TO thrust. I had do disconect AT and then engage it again.And then at about 12000-15000ft the Speedo was gone for nearly a minute. There are no kind of Pitot HEat switches and Anti Ice and Window heat was ON.All this did not happened once.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.