Sign in to follow this  

FFX/SGA MD-80 problems/question

First of all, excellent plane!!! Flys great!!!But I found two bugs/problems...1) If you set your eyeview behind the wings, you'll see the ailerons won't move when you turn your yoke. You'll be able to see it move in spot view.2) I have the rudder pedals and when I apply some brakes, the plane turn to the right. It's like there's no brake on the left tires, just the right tires.The two problems I posted, how can I fix them?Again, EXCELLENT plane, I recommend you download it!Thanks!!Brian

Guest roderic757

Hey there.. Yea I agree I am having the same problem as well with the braking... and also the aircraft should be able to power back from the gate as well.but that is not the case so I wonder if the reversers are not set at a high rate..like the other version that they had... but they might want to take a look at that too.. I am an old school kind of guy with aircraft that can power back on its own...Ex Eastern Brat...they did alot of that with thier aircraft out of ATL... roderic

"you'll see the ailerons won't move when you turn your yoke. You'll be able to see it move in spot view."I've seen this problem with POSKY's CRJ as well. I believe it's caused if the wings are cloned before the parts are all named properly (this is at least true in FSDS 2). It should be an easy .mdl update--just delete and reclone the wings and all associated parts. The correct names should carry over. Just curious if the engines are cloned as well. I always found it interesting to watch them when I've been seated towards the back of an MD-80....-John

You can update the reverse thrust factor in the .air file using Aired. Increasing it to approx. 66 pct. should give enough thrust to power back...-John

In the air file, which device should I open it with? I tried wordpad and its all code (which I don't read). Now that I have it in wordpad how do I switch it to something else? Any ideas?

As I said in my above post, you need to use Aired. It's an .air file editor, and you can find it on the web using the keywords Aired, and FS2000

Got the braking problem as well. Just landed and when I hit my brakes on my rudder pedals, got a severe yaw to the one side.

Eric 

John Ok, I went and got the editor you were talking about. I changed the reverse thrust to -66 (I tried + but that was positive thrust, so that didn't work) but the ac doesn't move. I even went all the way to -100, but still nothing. What am doing wrong? I really appreciate your help.

One of the parameters in the aircraft.cfg contact points settings control whether the gear has brakes attached.... It is the sixth entry in the line which defines the gear (here's a summary of what the first five entries for each point do)//0 Class <0=none,1=wheel, 2=scrape, 3=float>//1 Longitudinal Position (feet)//2 Lateral Position (feet)//3 Vertical Position (feet)//4 Impact Damage Threshold (Feet Per Minute)//5 Brake Map (0=None, 1=Left, 2=Right)****Here's an example of how to find the entry from another aircraft.cfg:Center gear is point zero....point.0=1.000, 87.420, 0.000, -17.000, 1181.100, *0.000*, 4.521, 90.000, 1.630, 2.500, 0.724, 4.000, 4.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000Left gear is point onepoint.1=1.000, -19.500, -12.000, -17.500, 1574.800, *1.000*, 4.521, 0.000, 1.910, 2.500, 0.747, 6.900, 6.900, 2.000, 0.000, 0.000Right gear is point twopoint.2=1.000, -19.500, 12.000, -17.500, 1574.800, *2.000*, 4.521, 0.000, 1.910, 2.500, 0.747, 7.100, 7.100, 3.000, 0.000, 0.000The items with asterisks identify the brake entries. You should be able to locate the MD-80 specific entries, and make the correction-John

What if you accelerate the aircraft to 20 or so knots, then apply reverse thrust? Does the change seem to make a difference? And did you reload the aircraft after making the entry?Also, are you using the F2 key to apply reverse thrust, or a joystick? I've heard of issues when a joystick is used....-John

Wow, that was quick. Ok, I went and tried the things you mentioned. Yes, I had been reloading the ac. Yes, I was using my flight sim yoke button, however using the F2 key still has no effect on rolling backward. And, yes it does have an effect on slowing the ac if I'm rolling forward and then apply reversers. Ummmmmm, does this work for your Super 80? I currently have my reverse thrust set at -100 thru the editor you told me about.

The increase does allow my Super 80 to back up, but I do not have a yoke linked to the throttle--and I know this can cause issues related to full application of reverse thrust. I just hold down F2 until full reverse thrust is applied, and the aircraft starts backing away slowly from the gate. I then gradually release the reverse thrust by pressing F3, waiting for the engines to spool down before I disengage reverse thrust. If one disengages it (by pressing F1) before the engines spool down, the aircraft can shoot forward rather suddenly when the tweak I mentioned is applied.There's always an odd chance that the .cfg file used with Aired didn't have the right position for reverse thrust (there were several). I'm out of town today, and won't return home until late tonight. I'll take a look at my .air file, and verify the record location of the change I made.-John

For those of you having braking problems when using your pedals, be sure to check your settings and calibration in FSUIPC. I had a similar problem before when using CH pedals and had to make changes there in order for it to brake properly.Apparently only braking problems (so far) are related to the use of pedals. Also check in your joystick assignments window. I don't have the correct cure for it because I no longer use the pedals, so I apologize. I did however find a minor flaw in the contact points with the brake map. Copy and paste the following into the config and it will be correct;point.0=1.000, 73.000, 0.000, -7.500, 1574.803, 0.000, 1.504, 75.000, 0.539, 2.500, 0.483, 6.500, 6.500, 0.000, 250.0, 280.0point.1=1.000, -3.850, 9.500, -7.900, 1574.803, 2.000, 1.504, 0.000, 0.293, 2.500, 0.655, 6.900, 6.900, 2.000, 250.0, 280.0point.2=1.000, -3.850, -9.500, -7.900, 1574.803, 1.000, 1.504, 0.000, 0.293, 2.500, 0.655, 7.100, 7.100, 3.000, 250.0, 280.0It won't cure your braking problem, like I said, thats a CH/FSUIPC and ASSIGNMENT issue. We hope to have the aileron fixed in a future update and possibly make the engines visable as well.mike@sgair.nethttp://www.sgair.net/images/member_name_ba.../mike_small.jpghttp://www.sgair.net/images/member_name_ba..._LOGO_small.jpg