Sign in to follow this  
Guest HenryII

PSS 777-300 ER can't Take-Off

Guest HenryII

Excuse my bad English, but I will try to explain my Problem:At Holy Night, I made a gift for myself and got the T7-300ER. With a little luck, I found the Tutorialflight at PSS-Homepage and tried to fly from KBFI to KLAX. I installed everything correctly. I took the default flight from FS 9 and changed the aircraft to PSS 777. I did all points from the tutorial. But at each Takeoff , I have the same problem: when I engage the A/P-switch, the plane goes immediatly into a sinkrate and crashes into the ground. I cannot disengage the A/P-, VNAV- and LNAV-Switches to avoid the Crash. I have no Addons for USA installed, only default scenery. I changed to other airports with the same results. In this manor, the plane is not flyable for me and I will leave my interest and by the way 20 English pounds. What are I doing wrong? Greetings from Henry

Hi !!Do u use the disangage BAr to disangage the autopilot? Or u click on the AP button?

A number of points to consider.Correct flap setting. (15 degrees)Correct altimeter calibration. ( If I remember correctly, in this tutorial its raining so the calibration will NOT be standard.When you set the A/P you shoould be more than 500 feet AGL. Also check MAC settings.Ron

Ron Service

Guest HenryII

Flaps set to 15, correct altimeter settings. I don't use the wx.- and flt-files from tutorial, because they are for 777-200. More than over 500 feet AGL, when engaging A/P. What do you mean with MAC-settings?Henry

Guest botten

Hmmmm... and when you trim manually, does that do anything?Have you tried flying the bird manually to see if she responds normally?I too have A/P problems and am wondering if we share the same issue...When i press HDG (thus flying with A/P and no FD active and have a selected HDG, the plane heads for the suggested heading but overshoots it all the time, thus banking from the left to the right all the time)... I also have A/T problems and V/S problems. I have no reaction from both of these no matter what i do (lnav, vnab, fd on or off, etc)Thierry

Guest Trans_601

This is exactly what happened to me. It banks wildly then hits the deck like a sack of potatoes. I had to re install the whole sim, then it worked.

Guest botten

Argh! No kidding? You needed to reinstall FS9 from scratch?Sigh.... if you know my list of add-ons that i then need to reinstall again....Yes, i just tried the KLAX flight tutorial and i have exactly the same thing happening, that is: page 49, when LNAV and VNAV should kick in when i engage the A/P, the nose goes down and the plane starts to bank right (but banking from 10% to 25% all the time) and then she crashes...So much for the tutorial...T.

Guest Trans_601

I had the same symptoms as you, crazy banking and nose down when AP connects.I was told by Norman to take out then re install FSUIPC. That didn't help. Uninstalled then reinstalled the 777 - still didn't work. Then uninstalled the entire sim, and started from scratch. I wasn't happy, but it did the trick.Trust me, it's a b***h of a thing to reinstall everything - but when you can finally fly your girl there's few things more satisfying.Good luck!

Guest HenryII

Hi Joe,you make a joke to me: reinstall the whole FS 9, only while I payed 20 Pounds for a commercial addon, that does not work? Who will pay for the hours, that costs to me? And what does it mean: "started from scratch"?GreetingsHenry

Guest botten

HenryII,I just 'solved' my problems.You may want to remove the file FSUIPC.KEY in your Modules directory (but first make a backup of it, since this contains your FSUIPC registration!). This solution will render your FSUIPC unregistered though, but solves the issue for the time being.Hope this helps for you to.HTH,Thierry

Guest HenryII

Many Thanks Thierry,that is the solution, why ever. No she flies very fine. But could it be, that she is only flyable with an unregistered FSUIPC? I tried it with registering new again. But it didn't work than.Thanks to all for your help!Greetings from GermanyHenry

Guest botten

No Problem. Let's hope the dev team knows the solution now :-)Greetings from Belgium,Kein Problem. Lass uns hoffen das die Dev jetzt wissen woran dass liegt.Grussen aus Belgi

Guest botten

I think this is a setting problem, which gets activated only with a registered FSUIPC. I'll try to dig into that later this week.Greetings,Thierry

Guest NormanB

Most (all?) of the beta team have a registered copy of FSUIPC.I have also seen the same happen with other addons. I personally dont have an answer but have asked from those much more clever than me.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.